Missing logins on iOS

fuzzy
fuzzy
Community Member

Hi.
When I want to select one of my logins (created on my iMac), I can´t see any item on my Iphone or Ipad.

1Password Version: 6.8.6
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: Osx 10.13.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@fuzzy - sorry for the trouble! That sounds like a sync issue to me, or possibly that you're not displaying all items on your iPhone or iPad. On your Mac, please look for the login item that gave you trouble on your iOS device(s). Note what vault it's saved in. Then return to your iPhone and check to see whether that vault is being synced there. Let us know what you discover!

• fuzzy
    fuzzy
    Community Member

I only have the same vault and logins are included in both.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@fuzzy - OK. I'd like you to create a new Secure Note on each of your devices. Call each one something memorable like "From Mac," "From iPad," etc, so you can verify where they originated no matter what device you're viewing. Wait a minute or two and then check each device to see which of the notes you can see on which devices.

• fuzzy
    fuzzy
    Community Member

I only have the same vault and logins are included in both.

• fuzzy
    fuzzy
    Community Member

Hi Lars.
    I have created 3 secure notes, and I can see all of them on each device (Mac,Iphone and Ipad), but no logins on iOS devices.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@fuzzy - Hmmm, OK - on your two iOS devices, in 1Password, tap Categories and then check how many Login items you have on each device. These should match. Now do the same on your Mac -- check how many login items you have (the number should be displayed at the right of the Login category. Let us know what you discover.

• fuzzy
    fuzzy
    Community Member

Hi Lars.
    18 on each.

• fuzzy
    fuzzy
    Community Member

0 in shared on iOS.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@fuzzy - I'm not quite sure what you mean by "18 on each" and "0 in shared," but at this point, to get a better idea of what might be going on, I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices.

—Mac—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

—iOS—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?ios

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#NXY-46155-679]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. We'll take a look and let you know what we find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @fuzzy only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: NXY-46155-679

• fuzzy
    fuzzy
    Community Member

Hi Lars.

I have created 3 reports and they are send.

On OSX= there are 18 login items.
    On iOS/Iphone = there are 18 login items.
    On iOS/Ipad= there are 18 login items.
    In "Share"/Safari on iOS Iphone, just "New login"
    In "Share"/Safari on iOS Ipad, just "New login"

• @fuzzy

Thanks for the reports.

I don't think there is a technical issue here, but perhaps a misunderstanding of how 1Password works. The share sheet in Safari will only show login items that have a website field that matches the URL of the page that you are currently viewing. For example, if you're on agilebits.com you're never going to see a login item for google.com in the share sheet. This is intentional, and is an anti-phishing measure.

Please let us know if that explains what you're seeing.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.