Publish Firefox Extensions in AMO? (Part2)

heubergen
heubergen
Community Member
edited February 2018 in 1Password in the Browser

Since our last conversation I finally found the time to ask Mozilla about some of your issues.

• According to them, you can push new updates of an existing item in the Web Store with their API (documentation here).
  • They are also days away from pushing a flag to mark that extensions need payments in order to work properly.
  • They also allow you to make clear that an extensions needs external software in order to work properly.

I hope this can bring the Publish of 1Password on AMO one step closer. I don't see right know any disadvantage to the Chrome App Store where you have published your extensions.

PS: I do this basicly for you guys as I don't have any benefit of the release on AMO but I think it would be a great

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @heubergen,

I admire your enthusiasm and it does seem as if Mozilla have been making some changes based on feedback from developers. We'll have to keep an eye on this. I would even dare to suggest that those other improvements would make it easier to communicate the requirements of our extension over what Google offer in the equivalent Chrome store.

• heubergen
    heubergen
    Community Member

Hi @littlebobbytables, great to hear that. I'm looking forward to see 1Password in the Store sooner or later :) :+1:

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@heubergen - thanks for the heads up, and keep an eye on our updates for the latest features. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.