HELP! I only have .agilechain.zip and .1pif backups of my old 1password version.

danmercurius
danmercurius
Community Member
edited February 2018 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

HELP! I only have

1Password 2018-02-09 191559 (390 items).agilekeychain_zip
1Password 2018-02-09 191258 (390 items).1pif

backups of my old 1password version.
How can I get access to my passwords again? I dont have the app installed anymore as it stated here I should trash it.

Reproduction:
I made a backup
I quit 1PWM 3 app (without holding down the key combo , my mistake!)
I installed the 1PWM 6 app
I imported the vault
I deinstalled 1PWM 3
Then I saw my license was not imported in 1PWM 6
I wanted to repeat over but now cant import my backups anywhere

I'm in panic mode.

ref: XHR-61519-437

Comments

• danmercurius
    danmercurius
    Community Member

the comment in this thread
    helped me a lot

The import feature (File > Import...) in 1Password 3 relies on system libraries that were updated in Mavericks. Sadly that update was incompatible with how 1Password 3 used the libraries and you cannot import in 1Password 3 for Mac if you're running OS X 10.9 or newer. The only workaround is to use 1Password 4 or newer to import.

nbeeded to upgrade to 1password 4, create a new vault and then import.
    However now my 1password 3 license is not being accepted anymore.

Anyone knows why?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I see that you've also been in contact with Oliver and Laura via email, and it sounds like you were already able to get things sorted. But in case it helps anyone else, a license for 1Password 3 (which was made between 2009 and 2012) will not work in recent versions of 1Password. You can get all the latest versions of 1Password with a 1Password.com membership though, which also gives you access to the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits. And we're here if you have any questions. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.