1Password not filling signup forms

I have tried safari, I have tried Chrome. I have extensions installed on both but for some reason 1PAssword is not filing any sign up form for me. The login forms are working fine, but signup forms are not being filled. the same form can easily be filled by lastpass but 1password is just not doing anything.

I am not talking about auto-filling, I goto 1password -> Identities -> Click Fill on the respective identity.

What am I doing wrong?

1Password Version: 6.8.6
Extension Version: 1.5.0
OS Version: OS X
Sync Type: 1Password for Family
Referrer: forum-search:Not filling the forms for me

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @hameedullah,

Just as a quick sanity check can you visit https://1password.com/extlink/purchase-license/ for me please and click the Check Out Now button. This will allow you to quickly reach a page where I know filling with an Identity item should fill all the expected fields. Does filling with your Identity item fill here? If it does I would like to learn about some recent sites where you've found your Identity item didn't fill, if you're happy sharing those with us here on our public support forums. If your Identity item doesn't fill on that page then it may be something odd is going on specifically with this Identity item that we need to resolve. Once done you may find filling works better. We'll wait to hear back from you and then proceed based on your findings.

• hameedullah
    hameedullah
    Community Member
    edited February 2018

So I did some more tests, Its actually filling the USA shipping address that I use, but not my identity information and not my UAE address. see the recording here: removed by AgileBits

• hameedullah
    hameedullah
    Community Member

Even on your form, it only filled my USA shipping address. the other 2 identities you see on screen contains my email, phone number and UAE address but those are not filled.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @hameedullah,

I've removed the link you provided and if at all possible you may want to delete the original from that site. Don't get me wrong, it was helpful in understanding but as these are public support forums and that link allows anybody access you probably don't want any personal details remaining visible. I'd just hate to see the details taken advantage of by some miscreant because you came to us for assistance.

To further pin down what we're looking at I have a small request that I hope you won't mind. Can you create a new Identity item for me please and add your USA shipping address. Using the previous link I suggested can you confirm that this new Identity item fills the address. Next, can you edit this same Identity item and replace the USA shipping address with your UAE one. Do you find it fills or doesn't fill?

I've also moved your query over to our 1Password X section of our support forums as based on the screen recording you made you have the 1Password X extension installed.

• MarkCaney
    MarkCaney
    Community Member

I have the same problem on my Windows 10 PC: 1Password is not filing any sign-up form for me any more. The login forms are working fine, but signup forms are not being filled in at all. I have tried uninstalling the extension from Chrome and reinstalling it but no use.

Mark

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@MarkCaney: Thanks for reaching out! Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For example, knowing the URL where you're having trouble will also allow us to test it. Thanks in advance! :)

• MarkCaney
    MarkCaney
    Community Member
    edited May 2018

OK, here are the details:
    1Password ver 4.6.2.626
    Levono Thinkpad Yoga
    Windows 10 Pro
    See attachments for more

When I click on Identities in the 1Password extension on Chrome it will not fill in any forms, for example here: https://start.1password.com/signup/account It does complete login details, however.

It used to work perfectly.

Mark

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@MarkCaney: Thanks for reaching out. I am sorry for the confusion though! 1Password 4 is no longer being developed or sold, so it won't have the benefit of the improvements we've made to filling this past year or going forward. Fortunately though you'll be able to use 1Password 6 with a 1Password.com membership now (or 1Password X), 1Password 7 in the very near future, and all future updates are included with your subscription as well. If you have any questions about that or just want help getting things setup, please feel free to start a new discussion in the Windows category of the forum and @-mention me there. :)

• MarkCaney
    MarkCaney
    Community Member

@brenty Thank you for this information. I have tried installing 1PasswordX but it requires me to enter a Secret Key and I cannot find that. What do I do?

• MarkCaney
    MarkCaney
    Community Member

I have tried installing 1PasswordX but it requires me to enter a Secret Key and I cannot find that. What do I do?

• MarkCaney
    MarkCaney
    Community Member

@brenty I have tried installing 1PasswordX but it requires me to enter a Secret Key and I cannot find that. What do I do?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@MarkCaney: Correct. You will only have a Secret Key and sign in address if you've signed up for a 1Password.com membership. That's the only way you'll have an account at all.

• MarkCaney
    MarkCaney
    Community Member

@brenty So what have I previously purchased? Is it no longer valid?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@MarkCaney: Whatever you purchased is valid, but for that specific version. You can continue to use that indefinitely. If you'd like to use 1Password X or enjoy the many other benefits of a 1Password.com membership, you would need to subscribe to that. If you'll shoot us an email at sales@1password.com we'll be happy to help you make the transition. :)

This discussion has been closed.