II have a new family account - how do I move a log-in from my private vault to a shared vault

ajl1949
ajl1949
Community Member

I have a new family account - how do I move existing log-ins (that's many) from my private vault to a shared vault - do I have to set up a shared vault first (how do I do that) and then what do I do?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:II have a new family account - how do I move a log-in from my private vault to a shared vault

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @ajl1949! If you have a 1Password Families account, the default vaults that are present from the very beginning will be: 1) a vault called "Private" - each individual will have one of these, which only they can access, and 2) a family-wide vault called Shared that everyone has access to by default, for items you want everyone to see/use. Can you see both of those in your account? If not, something's wrong.

If you were referring to creating another vault besides the default Shared vault, then yes: you'll need to create that first before you can share it. If you're the family organizer, check out these instructions to create new vaults (there's no limit to how many you can create), and how to share them with a subset of people in the family. I do this myself with my own family: in addition to our Private vaults and the Shared vault, I created a new vault called "Parents" which I share with ONLY my wife (not the kids), for things like credit cards and bank information that the two of us need but not the kids. Let us know if you have any follow-up questions or problems! :)

• ajl1949
    ajl1949
    Community Member

Thanks, Lars - I did manage to find both default vaults. What I then found is that instructions for sharing or moving a log-in from one vault to another are hidden in the instructions for making new vaults. Perhaps sharing/moving log-ins needs to be raise up a level so it shows up in searches of FAQ's ... Thanks for your help ...

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@ajl1949 - thanks for the clarification. I'm not sure where you were looking, but we've actually got an entire page devoted to how to move items between vaults, if that's still of any use to you. If you've got it sorted already, then carry on! :)

This discussion has been closed.