Problem with browser extension

Hello,

my 1password extension doesn't work anymore.

What still works:

• I can still open the 1password-app
  • I still see all my entries in the 1password-app

What doesn't work:

• right click on the trayicon and "open 1password mini" has no results
  • right click on the trayicon and "open 1password generator" opens a blank form

What I tried:

• I deinstalled 1password, the chrome-extension and chrome

Can you please help me?

Best regards
Chris

1Password Version: 6.8.496
Extension Version: 6.6.12.90
OS Version: Windows 10 1709
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @chris2204,

You referred to the tray icon a bit but I'd like to focus on the extension if you don't mind.

1. In Chrome can you see the 1Password Browser Extension button in the Chrome toolbar and does the button appear to be enabled or disabled?
    2. If you click on the 1Password Browser Extension does it display the 1Password mini menu or does it present something else?

I'm looking to see if there is a connection issue between the extension and 1Password that might explain what you're seeing. It might take a couple of responses but I'm sure we'll get this figured out and working properly for you.

• chris2204
    chris2204
    Community Member

Hello littlebobbytables,

I can see the 1Passoword Browser Extension button in the Chrome toolbar.
    In the settings the checkbox activated beside the extension is checked.

When I click on the button nothing happens.

Thanks a lot, that you help me!

Best regards
    Chris

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @chris2204,

It sounds like it is having trouble connecting to 1Password and that would at least explain the symptoms you described.

Can you check something for me please, in 1Password's settings there is an Advanced tab. In there you will see two options under a header that refers to browser integration. I suspect the boxes are not enabled. Can you look and enable if needed and then restart any open browsers so they can pick up on this change.

If that doesn't cure the problem then I will have to dig a bit deeper and I think it's going to need a diagnostic report to do so. This link will guide you through the steps and has sections for the various supported versions of 1Password.

How to send a 1Password diagnostics report

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+extension@agilebits.com.

Once you've sent the report you should received an automated response from us with a ticket ID. If you could reply here with that ticket ID it will help me locate the diagnostic report and we can continue the troubleshooting :smile:

• chris2204
    chris2204
    Community Member

Hello,

I already found that tip with the advanced settings in another post. Both checkboxes in my settings are already checked.

Right now, I generated the Diagnostics Report and sent it to support+extension@agilebits.com.
    Still waiting for the reply with the ticked ID. When I get my ticket ID, I will post it here.

Best regards
    Chris

• chris2204
    chris2204
    Community Member

Here it is: #EBN-68198-364

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@chris2204: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: EBN-68198-364

This discussion has been closed.