Assistance please after HDD Failure.

Options

Hi Folks, after HDD failure, and complete re-install of W10 (formally W7) I am now trying to re-install 1P. I have a complete BU of the old 1P directory under program files (x86). I have my original key, and my master password. Can you suggest a procedure to recover my 1P account please. I bought the product in 2014/08 and all was working well before the crash. Not sure about version or extension info.
Greeting from Tropical North Queensland
Alan

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: W10pro
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi there @austalleycat,

I am sorry to hear about your HHD failure! You did the right thing by contacting.

It sounds like you have been using 1Password 4 on your computer, which by default stores your data only on your PC. However, the default location for your local vault is different from 1Password directory under Program Files (x86), so you want to check the following path C:\Users\<your-username>\Documents\1Password for the files with the .agilekeychain or .opvault extensions. Please note that you might have changed it to a different path.

If you don't have any files there, please tell us if you set up sync in 1Password 4 on your computer, before HHD crash. It is possible that you have your vault stored in your Dropbox.

We will be looking forward to your reply. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• austalleycat
    austalleycat
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Greg
    Thanks for your reply. I have the the path above, nothing but another folder .... Backups.
    Inside many files like

1Password 2017-05-19 074753 (37 items).agilekeychain_zip

I have searched the BU and these are the only results shown. Are they what you are looking for ?
    My IPW is... 1Password 4 you are correct.

Wow, that's interesting. Lots of 1PW files on my dropbox. The opening folder is ... 1Password.agilekeychain
    and lots of subfolders. Looks like 'sync' it is.

Cheers
    Alan

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@austalleycat: Right. That's a backup archive of your 1Password data from May of last year. Do you have one that's more recent? You can rename .agilekeychain_zip to .zip and extract the full .agilekeychain vault from it to open in 1Password. Let me know how it turns out!

• austalleycat
    austalleycat
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Brenty & Greg
    New install with old keychain on dropbox on Windows. Running on Android as well.
    Just updating a few things in the file.
    Appreciate your help

Alan

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's great to hear! You are most welcome! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.