Multiple Usernames/Passwords For The Same URL

jsmaxwell
jsmaxwell
Community Member

Due to a strange configuration with my job, I frequently go to the same url, but use different usernames/passwords to log in. If I wish to see one version/edition of our product, I use one username/password combination. If I need to see a different version/edition of our product, I have log in with a different username/password.

Is there a way to store multiple username/password combinations for the same url in 1password?

1Password Version: 6.86
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: 10.13.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2018

Welcome to the forum, @jsmaxwell! There certainly is -- though the experience may not be quite as smooth as those sites for which you have only one login. If you visit a given site's login page -- even if you've already got a saved login for that site -- and you enter a new (different) set of credentials manually into the page and press the Login button, you should get the 1Password pop-up that asks if you would like to A) save this as a new login, B) change an existing login, or C) skip it ("Not Now").

If you happen to get a site for which the auto-save dialogue doesn't pop-up for some reason, you can also use an only-slightly-more-complicated process to save a login manually. Both ways should work, and give you multiple login items for each URL. You'll probably want to spend a bit of time editing the actual title of the saved 1Password items, so that they're easily discernible from a quick glance at the main window or 1Password mini. Something like:

• Google - full details
    • Google - private label
    • Google - personal

(or whatever...).

This discussion has been closed.