Edge extension inactive with browser in Microsoft Edge #17093

In Windows 10 RS4 #17074, the plugin works fine. In #17083 it is inactive, and I cannot even install it under #17093. Are you aware of this?
This is Windows Insider Fast Ring Skip Ahead

1Password Version: 7.0.519
Extension Version: same
OS Version: Windows 10 build 17093
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:edge

Comments

• @hwieser: I asked one of my teammates who's more adventurous with Windows builds than I do to look into this and he said that it looks like Edge is universally unable to install extensions on Fast Ring Skip Ahead, so it looks like this is an issue with Edge on that build. Double check me though, and see if you can install an extension other than 1Password using the problem build and let me know if your issue is limited to 1Password. Assuming I'm right, please let Microsoft know via Feedback, if you could. While this isn't something we can fix ourselves, we definitely don't want the 1Password extension in Edge to be unusable on later Windows builds, so your help in bringing this to Microsoft's attention would be much appreciated. :chuffed:

• hwieser
    hwieser
    Community Member
    edited February 2018

@bundtkate you seem to be correct. I was misled by the fact that extensions I had installed earlier were still working.
    I tried to install another Extension just now and failed. Thanks - I have passed on the feedback and you are right, I am not alone

• @hwieser: Thanks for confirming and for helping by sharing feedback with Microsoft. I'm sorry you're not able to use 1Password on your insider build, but thankfully your channel is a long ways from stable, so hopefully Microsoft will have plenty of time to get it neatly buttoned up. :chuffed:

• Hi @hwieser,

Just an FYI, it looks like Microsoft may have fixed this in today's Insider update, 17101/17604(Skip Ahead):

We fixed an issue resulting in newly installed Microsoft Edge extensions not appearing in the Extensions pane in the last two flights.

• hwieser
    hwieser
    Community Member

Confirm. The new Edge auto recognized the plug-in and offered to install. Works smoothly now

• @hwieser: Thanks for checking and letting us know! Glad all is now well, even on the cutting edge. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.