Brand new user here. How do I create a new vault, or category, under either: all vaults, or my name

Options

I want to separate my user names and PW into different categories based on my personal info, as well as 2 separate businesses. How do I do that? Add a vault? How? I see a "personal" option under All Vaults, and then my name, but I would like more categories.

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:create new vault

Comments

• Welcome to the 1Password family, @slittlejohn! We're totally stoked to have you. :chuffed:

There are a few ways to organize your items. Creating a new vault is one option. You could use your Personal vault for personal items, and have a vault each for your two businesses. Another option is to use tags. This is particularly helpful if you use any personal Logins for work as well as you can add multiple tags to a single item, whereas it can only live in one vault. I help out with our Facebook, for example, and that requires I use my personal Facebook Login to manage our 1Password Facebook page, so that's one I'd tag with both "work" and "personal" (were a bit more organized myself). You can filter your item list to show only items with a particular tag by selecting that tag in Tags tab in the 1Password 6 sidebar.

I hope this helps you keep your items and their proper place and find exactly what you need, but do let us know if you have additional questions as you're getting started. :+1:

• slittlejohn
    slittlejohn
    Community Member
    Options

I don't have a New Vault option.....

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@slittlejohn: You appear to be trying to do this in the Windows app. As mentioned in the article Kate linked, you'll need to do that from your account in the 1Password.com web interface:

To create a vault, click New Vault on your Home page and give your vault a name. You can also give a description and an icon. When you’re done, click Create Vault.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.