Two sites are not auto-submitting

Options

I have used Website issue for the two site
and haven't ever heard back or seen a fix
Should it be raised here also ?
One is Tangerine.ca ( the password page )
And the other one is https://www.adminplus.info/adminplus.htm (the login page eg User ID which requests an email address)

these were submitted some times ago

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @Gilles9,

Just to make sure there is no misunderstanding, is 1Password correctly filling these pages and the issue is only limited to 1Password not submitting the form after filling? Also, is it correctly submitting after filling elsewhere?

• Gilles9
    Gilles9
    Community Member
    Options

Yes it does fill
    the autosubmit does not work on the first page for adminplus ( where it request to enter an email adress ), this has been for quite a while
    but the autosubmit works for the next page for the password

for Tangerine.ca there is only one page that needs 1Password, it is the second page for the password, which fills but does not autosubmit ( it was working well not too long ago

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @Gilles9,

So with the first this is expected behaviour. We limit submitting the form only if we've filled a password field. The reason for this is text fields, the most common type of field used for usernames, gets used for a lot of things. Should 1Password make a mistake when it was only filling a text field we want to ensure the user has a chance to correct this. If 1Password fills a password field we become a lot more confident because password fields are very distinctive and rarely used for much outside of authenticating yourself or changing a password.

While it will seem odd to say, it's also this reason which is why we don't work on the "password" page for Tangerine. I managed to reach the password page and while you do see •••• when you type in the PIN it isn't a password field, it's a input field designed for telephone numbers, one where they are replacing the digits with the dots as you type. So like the first example, even if 1Password will fill the field it doesn't see it as a password field and so is unwilling to take the chance that submitting may pass details to a server you didn't intend to happen. I'm sure it's annoying but sometimes we need 1Password to be cautious given the importance of what is stored inside of it.

• Gilles9
    Gilles9
    Community Member
    Options

Surprisingly the Tangerine website was autosubmitting the pass word aroung 7-10 days ago
    was this new behaviour included in the latest version

anyway thanks for the rational

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for understanding. It can definitely be confusing! We're here if you need anything else. :blush:

• Gilles9
    Gilles9
    Community Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

I just verified with Firefox
    The password for Tangerine, does auto-submit
    with version 58.0.2 of Firefox
    Only Safari does not work
    so the rational explained above does not stand anymore
    You just updated the browser's extension, says for Firefox issues, maybe take a look at Safari issues

as said it used to work, it stopped working for no known reason for me
    Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Gilles9: What versions of the 1Password app and extension are you using? You left those details out of your original post and so far haven't told us. The reason I ask is that we update all of the desktop browser extensions together, as they're the same code. So, unless you've got an outdated version in one of your browsers, they'll all be the same.

• Gilles9
    Gilles9
    Community Member
    Options

I am using 6.8.7 beta 2 ( the App )
    Safari extension 4.7.0 b2
    as off yesterday, and it had the same behavior in Tangerine password field, it will autofill but not autosubmit

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Gilles9: Thanks for confirming! Indeed, as lil bobby mentioned above, we intentionally don't submit webforms where there is no password field as that could cause all kinds of mayhem with a lot of sites, having 1Password submit a form when you don't want it to, or the wrong one. You should be able to submit the form using the Enter/Return key or by clicking the button though. Cheers! :)

• Gilles9
    Gilles9
    Community Member
    Options

Then why does it autosubmit with Firefox and not with Safari
    just to know !

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Gilles9: Sorry, I misunderstood your comments. Which version of 1Password are you using — AgileBits Store or Mac App Store?

• Gilles9
    Gilles9
    Community Member
    Options

Agilebits Store, as I use Betas
    subscription to 1P

• Gilles9
    Gilles9
    Community Member
    Options

and as you can see on this
    the little key on the right of the field shows it is a password field

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2018
    Options

Greetings @Gilles9,

I'm going to send an email to the address you use here in our support forums. Given I cannot reach the page in question I have a couple of requests and while the answers shouldn't contain anything sensitive I like to be cautious.

ref: WMD-49314-272

This discussion has been closed.