search ignores section headers

bitmender
bitmender
Community Member

I've been doing some cleanup of my 1Password database today and happened to notice if I search for something that exists solely within a section header, even when the search is expanded to all fields, it does not find it. I've got a screenshot below - if I attempt to search for "AT&T" or "DSL" or "modem", this record does not show up. I've got a few other entries in my database that use the same section header and they don't show up either.

1Password Version: 6.8.7BETA-2
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: 10.13.4 Beta (17E150g)
Sync Type: WLAN Server

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@bitmender - Yeah, we know. And I apologize for the inconvenience. There is an open issue for this right now in our queue, but I suspect this will be one of those items that makes it into the upcoming 1Password 7 but probably not into 1Password 6 for Mac. I know that's probably not the answer you were hoping for, but two things are happening right now on our end: one is, in the grand scheme of things, this issue is of lesser importance than some others that are on our plate AND we're also expending most of our development resources getting 1Password 7 tuned up and ready for prime-time. If we were earlier in version 6's lifespan, I would say "we're on this" -- because we are. But as it stands, I just don't know whether we'll have the development cycles to include this into version 6. Thanks for bringing it to our attention, however! :)

• bitmender
    bitmender
    Community Member

No worries. My first assumption was actually that it was something wrong at my end. At least it's a known issue! Will wait to see it resolved in 1P7.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@bitmender - Thanks for understanding, and for your patience. I wish I could let you know when 1Password 7 will be released, but at this point we're still really not sure. Sooner rather than later...but we're not to the point where we're ready to announce anything just yet. Stay tuned!

This discussion has been closed.