1 Password for Windows Desktop has stopped working

Options

Hello I'm new to the Forum but have been using 1 Password for 5 years with no issues.
I have just registered for Families and all seemed well.
Just returned from a 6 week holiday and Laptop has installed updates.
1 Password started to show windows error message '1 Password for Windows Desktop has stopped working...'
at start up and when i try to open 1 Password.
I have to close the programme and cannot click on the red flash at the bottom of the start screen to advise Agile Bits of the stop.
I have added the error log below.
The Chrome extension will open in a fresh browser.

Faulting application name: AgileBits.OnePassword.Desktop.exe, version: 6.8.496.0, time stamp: 0x5a5e7365
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.16299.248, time stamp: 0x4414ec23
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x0000000000014008
Faulting process ID: 0x16fc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d3a89daee1c42c
Faulting application path: C:\Users\rhjon\AppData\Local\1password\app\6\AgileBits.OnePassword.Desktop.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report ID: dbc552d8-0219-4e96-bf3d-c4d85b6ef594
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

I hope someone can assist.

1Password Version: 6.8.496
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: 10 17.09
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Rodjo
    Rodjo
    Community Member
    Options

Hello I'm new to the Forum but have been using 1 Password for 5 years with no issues.
    1 Password started to show windows error message '1 Password for Windows Desktop has stopped working...'
    I have to close the programme and cannot click on the red flash at the bottom of the start screen to advise Agile Bits of the stop.

Faulting application name: AgileBits.OnePassword.Desktop.exe, version: 6.8.496.0, time stamp: 0x5a5e7365
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.16299.248, time stamp: 0x4414ec23
    Faulting application path: C:\Users\rhjon\AppData\Local\1password\app\6\AgileBits.OnePassword.Desktop.exe

OS Windows 10 Home
    Version 1709
    OS Build 16299.248
    Sync type Dropbox

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• Rodjo
    Rodjo
    Community Member
    Options

OS Windows 10 Home
    Version 1709
    OS Build 16299.248
    Sync type Dropbox

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member
    Options

Do you use any Antivirus/Security software? If so, which one? I've read in other threads, that there are sometimes problems with false-positives, i.e. 1Password binaries are identified as viruses and blocked. Of course they are NOT viruses :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Rodjo: That's a Windows error. Have you tried restarting your PC? Something's probably just hung up from the updates.

I'm a bit curious about a couple other things here though. You mentioned Dropbox sync, but 1Password 6 doesn't support that. Do you have a 1Password.com account? Also, did you update 1Password, or just Windows?

• Rodjo
    Rodjo
    Community Member
    Options

brenty thanks for the reply
    Have restarted the laptop several times over the last few days
    Re Dropbox, I have always had Dropbox as the sync folder and it seems to work.
    I upgraded 1 Password in March 2017 to a single licence from the previous version which served me and my family members.
    I have a 1 Password account.
    Last week windows updated.
    And I updated 1 Password.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2018
    Options

brenty thanks for the reply

@Rodjo: Sure thing! We'll get this sorted out one way or another. :)

Have restarted the laptop several times over the last few days

Good to know!

Re Dropbox, I have always had Dropbox as the sync folder and it seems to work. I upgraded 1 Password in March 2017 to a single licence from the previous version which served me and my family members.

1Password for Windows version 6 doesn't sync to local folders and cannot write to local vaults. They're only supported for import purposes. It only works with 1Password.com accounts. Because of that, we don't sell licenses for it at all. So I'm not sure we're on the same page here.

I have a 1 Password account. Last week windows updated. And I updated 1 Password.

Thanks for clarifying. Maybe you were using version 6.7 prior to that. If you're still having this issue, it may be that something is simply damaged, or it could be related to the Dropbox vault you imported. Please uninstall 1Password from Windows, follow the instructions here to reset 1Password's database, and set it up again with your account using a fresh install from our website. Let me know how it goes!

• Rodjo
    Rodjo
    Community Member
    Options

1Password for Windows version 6 doesn't sync to local folders and cannot write to local vaults. They're only supported for import purposes. It only works with 1Password.com accounts. Because of that, we don't sell licenses for it at all. So I'm not sure we're on the same page here.....................
    Looks like you are totally correct here, I just looked in the dropbox and nothing has changed since february last year!
    So I 'thought' it was using dropbox but obviously not.
    Sorry for this curved ball.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Rodjo: No, that part is definitely our fault. We made this more explicit in the past year, but I'm sorry that we threw you that curveball to begin with. :blush:

• Rodjo
    Rodjo
    Community Member
    Options

So do you think you can help?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Rodjo: Sure! Did you try what I suggested above? :)

• Rodjo
    Rodjo
    Community Member
    Options

%LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password - No Results!
    So do i need to contact support to do the reset
    or do i just uninstall 1 Password? then do a fresh install and the vault info will come from the agile bits server?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

%LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password - No Results! So do i need to contact support to do the reset

or do i just uninstall 1 Password?

@Rodjo: That's pretty odd. Perhaps you installed the app buy just never set it up? I would skip that part then and do the rest.

then do a fresh install and the vault info will come from the agile bits server?

Yep! If you've already got your account setup, all you'll need to do is sign into the app. Let me know how it goes! :)

• Rodjo
    Rodjo
    Community Member
    Options

Have uninstalled 1 Password 6 and done a fresh install and the following screen appears.

https://us.v-cdn.net/5020219/uploads/editor/6e/6l3mj1cl7moz.png

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Rodjo: Doh! Thank you for trying that. If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to reproduce the same issue, and then save a crash report and event viewer log so we can see what is happening:

https://support.1password.com/cs/windows-crash-report/
    https://support.1password.com/cs/windows-log/

Please send it to support@agilebits.com and add the following Support ID (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending:

[#JDI-55863-137]

If you’re reading this and you are not Rodjo, this Support ID is for Rodjo only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

This will link them to our current discussion. Let me know once you've sent it. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: JDI-55863-137

• Ludvik
    Ludvik
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty: 1password desktop app is in .NET? Some errors with kernelbase.dll is reported in addiction to version 4.5

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Ludvik: 1Password for Windows requires .Net Framework 4.6.1 or higher if I recall correctly, though it's best to keep up to date and we're on 4.7.1 now since October.

This discussion has been closed.