Trying to setup new computer

Options
djkuperman
djkuperman
Community Member

I am trying to setup a new macbook air and sync my old 1password information.

I originally downloaded through mac app store, so I followed instructions that told me to re-download it on my old computer (1password6 vs 1password) and ran into a big problem. Now my old computer no longer is showing my 1password information and I don't have the secret key or .1password.com email address to setup my account on the new computer.

How can I recover my data and setup my new computer?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:setting up new computer

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @djkuperman! Sorry it's under such worrying circumstances. Don't panic, though - unless something truly odd happened, we should be able to figure out what happened to your data.

The reason you don't have a Secret Key or 1password.com email address is that you've never set up a 1Password account. You have definitely been using 1Password, but it sounds like you've used it in standalone mode, with local data. So, we need to get you back into that data. Can I ask why you downloaded 1Password 6 for Mac from us onto you OLD computer? Which instructions are you referring to that told you to do that?

• djkuperman
    djkuperman
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Lars Thanks for the response.
    I was able to find the data on the old computer, so that problem is solved! What can I do to get the local data from the old computer to the new computer?
    Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Lars, you are most welcome! You can sync your data between devices if you like. Otherwise it sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.