1Password favorites vs 1Password logins

chazzunokuthunuchtec
chazzunokuthunuchtec
Community Member

I have 1Password 7.0.5 (70005002) with pro features purchased operating on iPhone X running iOS 11.2.6 but the same login under "Favorites" will "open" differently than under "Logins". In favorites it first has a quick-access drop-down from which I can tap to copy common items. This is nice for copying. But if I need to see the password (reveal, or large type) then it takes more clicks from Favorites (three taps) vs opening from Logins (two taps). Is it possible, perhaps under a setting, to change Favorites so that it will open the same way it opens when accessing from Logins?

1Password Version: 7.0.5 (70005002)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11.2.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@chazzunokuthunuchtec - I'm not quite sure what you mean. Quick Copy debuted in 1Password 7 for iOS not long ago, and yes, it's changed the functionality of the Favorites section. But I don't see how you're losing a tap - in the old method (which is what you're describing in your post), you would have a list of items in Favorites, just as you do currently in Logins or All Items. In order to reveal a password or use Large Type, you'd first have to tap the item in the list (that's one). This opens the item, at which point you tap the password field (that's two), which brings up the options menu, from which you tap either Reveal or Large Type (that's three). With the current Favorites list, you Force Tap any item to activate Pop, (that's one), which opens the item, from which point everything else is the same. That's three taps either way, though I suppose you could argue that one of them is a force-tap which takes slightly longer and more pressure. Thanks for the taking the time to make this suggestion. Given the fact that we just changed this to function how it does now, however, I doubt very much we'll be changing it back.

• The part I was missing was the Force Touch, without which I must tap twice to open it. Now that I know I will take advantage of it.

• minor note: strange that on my iPhone I can see comments to this thread, but not currently from Safari on the iMac.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2018

The part I was missing was the Force Touch, without which I must tap twice to open it. Now that I know I will take advantage of it.

@chazzunokuthunuchtec: Glad that helped! But honestly, I find it even faster to just tap an individual field to copy it rather than viewing the item details first, since that's usually what I need. Definitely different use cases though. :)

minor note: strange that on my iPhone I can see comments to this thread, but not currently from Safari on the iMac.

Sounds like you might have a caching issue on your Mac. Try holding Shift when you reload the page. Alternatively, you may just have some "adblock" dealie messing you up there. For some reason, many are configured to remove all comments from web pages, though I find that a bit contrary to the stated purpose of blocking ads. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.