Question on Android autofill

Options
Sinister
Sinister
Community Member

When the autofill prompt shows up, it sometimes covers the submit button. This is especially troublesome when no such exists or when it shows up for the phone's pin. How does one hide/dismiss it, be it before or agter using the feature for the applicable occurrence?

Comments

• We don't currently provide a way of dismissing the Autofill prompt, but it's something that has come up in feedback from customers such as yourself. We're looking into adding a way to dismiss it in the next update to 1Password.

Although it's not a fix for the issue, you may be able to work around it by tapping the enter key on the keyboard. Most apps that I'm aware of follow best practices and allow you to submit using either a button or by tapping the enter key. We'll still need to add a way to dismiss the Autofill prompt, but hopefully this will help you work around it in the meantime.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Indeed. We're glad to have the new filling option available, but there's always room for improvement. Thanks for your feedback on this! :)

• doylecw
    doylecw
    Community Member
    Options

I second this... The prompt for the login is so big it covers the password box so it's a pain to move fields. Do you really need the text on the prompt? I mean, the prompt could just be reduced to the 1Password Logo in a nice small square. I think the current height would be good to keep though.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the feedback! There are a number of different things we're considering here, so we'll see what we can do to improve it for everyone. :)

This discussion has been closed.