The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception

This discussion was created from comments split from: πŸŽ‰ 1Password 7 for Windows Alpha 1 is here!.

Comments

• KenBonny
    KenBonny
    Community Member

I just installed 1Password For Windows 7 and it keeps crashing about every 5 to 10 minutes. I get a display from windows that "1Password for Windows desktop has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program." When I check windows events I see 2 errors each time a crash occurs:

• Error 1:
      Application: 1Password.exe
      Framework Version: v4.0.30319
      Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
      Exception Info: System.InvalidOperationException
      at AgileBits.OnePassword.NativeMessagingHost.OpenAppStream()
      at AgileBits.OnePassword.NativeMessagingHost+d__10.MoveNext()

Exception Info: System.AggregateException
    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean)
    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32, System.Threading.CancellationToken)
    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait()
    at AgileBits.OnePassword.NativeMessagingHost.Run(System.String[])
    at AgileBits.OnePassword.Program.Main(System.String[])

• Error 2:
      Faulting application name: 1Password.exe, version: 7.0.519.0, time stamp: 0x5a7a9dc0
      Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.15063.608, time stamp: 0xadaa6ed6
      Exception code: 0xe0434352
      Fault offset: 0x000eb832
      Faulting process ID: 0x41d8
      Faulting application start time: 0x01d3aa5b9845ba3c
      Faulting application path: [AppData Folder]\Local\1password\app\7\1Password.exe
      Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
      Report ID: 4f4bf8a4-30a1-4417-b409-a56ca02c2a21
      Faulting package full name:
      Faulting package-relative application ID:
  • AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@KenBonny: Sorry for the trouble there. I definitely don't think it's you! I hope you don't mind, but I've split you off into a separate discussion from the announcement so we can actually troubleshoot this. Can you tell me the context of where you're experiencing the crash? What were you doing at the time? Thanks in advance!

• KenBonny
    KenBonny
    Community Member

No problem, if I encounter more errors, I'll create separate threads.

I installed the 7 alpha update via a link in the announcement thread, and it started when I ran 1Password. After about 10 or 15 errors, the errors stopped occurring.

I do have a few development tools open (Visual Studio 2017, JetBrains Rider, Sql Server Management Studio and a Visual Studio Code) next to my browser and some chat applications.

I have rebooted and then the errors start again. They also stop again after 10 to 15 occurrences.

The errors occur both while 1Password is locked and unlocked.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2018

@KenBonny: Thanks for letting me know. It sounds like there isn't much of a discernible pattern to it. If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to restart Windows, reproduce the same issue, and then generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine the cause:

https://support.1password.com/cs/windows-crash-report/

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@agilebits.com and add the following Support ID (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending:

[#QTQ-33847-259]

If you’re reading this and you are not KenBonny, this Support ID is for KenBonny only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. Let me know once you've sent it. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: QTQ-33847-259

• KenBonny
    KenBonny
    Community Member

I have sent the diagnostics and Windows error logs to support@ with the ticket as subject.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2018

@KenBonny: Thanks so much! We'll continue the conversation via email after reviewing it. I'm sorry to give you all this "homework", but this may help us get to the bottom of this and improve it for you and others alike. :blush:

• KenBonny
    KenBonny
    Community Member

No problem. Happy to help. It directly impacts my security and ease of use.

• Hi @KenBonny,

Thanks for sending it in, we got the email and will reply as soon as we finish analyzing it.

There is an issue we're investigating where starting Chrome before 1Password would cause this to start crashing the 1Password's Native messaging processes for a while until it resolves on its own.

ref: QTQ-33847-259

This discussion has been closed.