Browser extension suggestions

Options

Hi.

I have an a feature request: four states of browser extension icon.

1. functional, unlocked.
  2. functional, unlocked, exact match exists in login category (or all ...) for actual URL. (for example: keyhole green)
  3. functional, locked (keyhole horizontally, icon in grey color)
  4. error - wrong sw version, communication error, and so on. (keyhole red and horizontally)

It can be configurable, with the ability to disable this behavior.

1, 3 and 4 can be on systray icon too.

It is not very important, but it would increase user friendliness and clarity.

Second idea is keyboard shortcuts in browser extension. For example switch between vaults, selecting category or run password generator.
Tab key behavior is weird :-) and a bit unfriendly.

thanks for consideration

1Password Version: 6.8.496
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Team

Comments

• Hey @Ludvik! Thanks for taking the time to share your suggestion. Keyboard navigation is definitely something we're tweaking frequently. I have a ridiculously long list of keyboard shortcuts I'd love to have. So many, in fact, I'd bet I'd run into trouble finding unique combos for each. While setting shortcuts specific to mini isn't something on the road map right now, the Windows team is looking to spend some time on mini in general sometime after 1Password 7 is out the door, so it's likely there will be some changes to that UI down the road. It's one of those things that doesn't have any definite timeline just yet, though, so keep an eye out but keep in mind it may still be a bit. :+1:

As you may or may not be aware, the UI for the extension actually comes from the main app (with the notable exception of 1Password X) which is why it's a bit tough to have the extension icon give interface feedback depending on 1Password's lock state. It gets that lock state from the main app, so updating it dynamically would involve a lot of messaging flying back and forth. We already cover functional and not -- the extension icon is greyed out when it's not connected to 1Password and thus non-functional, but we don't and likely won't change the icon for the lock state and what's available for filling. Something like this would be more feasible with 1Password X since it only needs to worry about itself and, actually, it does show a different icon when locked and unlocked already, so it's partway there. One thing we're doing with 1Password X is looking for things that folks want to see come to the desktop apps and standard extension as well, though, so I'll certainly pass along your feedback to the team. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.