2 Apps on IOS can't sign in and which to use?

Connors
Connors
Community Member

I have an Iphone 7+, I use my mac 1password flawlessly, but my iphone has 2 different apps and neither will allow me to sign in. The first app has the keyhole icon and wont accept my Mac password, the 2nd app has a key icon and says ["1Password" Needs to Be Updated The developer of this app needs to update it to work with IOS 11.]

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Iphone7+ app is not allowing sign in, although my mac signs in perfectly. Also have 2 apps on my 7+

Comments

• Hi @Connors,

The second icon would be 1assword 3 for iOS, which was retired in 2012 and is not compatible with modern iOS. The first icon sounds like the correct version (v7). That said, if you can’t unlock it, it isn’t doing you much good. :) I’d recommend uninstalling it, reinstalling it (here: 1Password 7 for iOS - iTunes App Store ) and then setting up syncing with your Mac:

Sync your 1Password data

I hope that helps!

Ben

• Connors
    Connors
    Community Member

Do I login/sync with the dropbox or 1password.com option?

• How are you currently syncing your 1Password data between the Mac and iPhone 7 Plus? You'll want to select the same option. If you aren't sure you can check on your Mac under 1Password > Preferences. If you have a Sync tab, select that, and it'll show you which sync option you're using. If you do not have a Sync tab you should have an Accounts tab. Check that and see if any 1Password.com accounts are listed.

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.