To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Why don't keyboard shortcuts work on the 1password.com home screen?

mbrcknl
mbrcknl
Community Member

On logging into my 1password.com account, I am presented with an array of vaults on the home screen. I then have to reach for the mouse to choose one. Once inside a vault, I can use Ctrl-F to search in that vault, or Shift-Ctrl-0 to Shift-Ctrl-9 to choose a different vault, but these shortcuts don't work on the home screen.

As a Linux user, I have to use the website. Please don't also make me reach for the mouse!

Ideally, put a "Search all my vaults" box on the home screen, and put the initial keyboard focus there. That way, I wouldn't even have to type Ctrl-F.

PS: There doesn't seem to be a suitable category for this question.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password.com keyboard shortcuts

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

On logging into my 1password.com account, I am presented with an array of vaults on the home screen. I then have to reach for the mouse to choose one. Once inside a vault, I can use Ctrl-F to search in that vault, or Shift-Ctrl-0 to Shift-Ctrl-9 to choose a different vault, but these shortcuts don't work on the home screen.

@mbrcknl: Sorry for the confusion! The 1Password.com website is not designed solely as a web app for managing data; rather, it is there to manage the account overall. So the homepage, which the native apps do not have, doesn't use the shortcuts of the native apps. You can, however, use a direct link to open the vaults view (and many other pages as well) if that's what you want:

https://start.1password.com/vaults/all

As a Linux user, I have to use the website. Please don't also make me reach for the mouse!

I don't get the mouse hate (or why you'd have one if you don't want to use one), but you should try 1Password X! :sunglasses:

Ideally, put a "Search all my vaults" box on the home screen, and put the initial keyboard focus there. That way, I wouldn't even have to type Ctrl-F.

"Search my vaults" isn't the primary use of 1Password.com. We may add additional shortcuts and features in the future if there's more demand for it, but we need to keep in mind that most people aren't using it the way you seem to want to.

PS: There doesn't seem to be a suitable category for this question.

Actaully, this is the perfect place for it, since only 1Password.com memberships can use the website. But you're right, we don't have a "1Password for Web" category just for using it like an "app" because that's not its primary function.

Anyway, I hope my suggestions help. Cheers! :)

• mbrcknl
    mbrcknl
    Community Member

Heh, I don't get why you'd provide comprehensive keyboard shortcuts in 1Password for macOS (of which I'm a former user), if you don't get the mouse hate. ;)

Somehow I missed the 1Password X announcement in my searches about 1Password and Linux! I just tried the "fill" flow on a few sites, and it works beautifully without the mouse. The only exception so far was my work's Outlook Web Access. In that case, I'll just have to get into the habit of using Ctrl-Shift-X, search, then "go" instead, since that works fine.

Thanks for the tip!

• Glad to hear 1Password X is a good fit for you. :)

Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mbrcknl: Different (key)strokes for different folks! 1Password for Mac has been around for over a decade, and has the benefit of native support for keyboard shortcuts in the OS, but perhaps we'll be able to add additional keyboard shortcuts to the website in the future. Anyway, glad you're enjoying 1Password X! Cheers! :chuffed: :+1:

This discussion has been closed.