Enabling Native Messaging in 1Password 4

This discussion was created from comments split from: Looking for 1password helper windows 10 chrome.

Comments

• Wa_Ge
    Wa_Ge
    Community Member

Your instructions are bunk, though I figured it out. It's not "Settings>Advanced."

It is Help>Advanced.

Again, it's not "Enable Native Messaging for {Chrome or Firefox]."

It is either Use Websocket protocol, or Use Native Messaging protocol.

There is no option to enable it for any single browser. It's all or nothing...

Glad I figured it out though.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2018

Your instructions are bunk, though I figured it out. It's not "Settings>Advanced."

@Wa_Ge: Well that's an awful thing to say. Given that you didn't bother to give us any version information here, that's the best any of us could do I'm afraid. :unamused:

It is Help>Advanced.
    Again, it's not "Enable Native Messaging for {Chrome or Firefox]."

It sounds like you're using the old version — 1Password 4 — then, not 6. Consider that you might be using something different when you jump into a thread someone else started. ;)

It is either Use Websocket protocol, or Use Native Messaging protocol.

We know. We made 1Password work with both. :tongue:

There is no option to enable it for any single browser. It's all or nothing...

There are in version 6.

Glad I figured it out though.

Likewise! And we're here to help if you run into any further issues. Just keep in mind that you bringing more details and better manners to the table in the future will help us help you better. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.