1Password X does not display fill icon

Options

Hello!

I do not know if this is the right place to report this, but 1Password X is not displaying the fill icon on a particular site I use.

https://organizze.com.br/login

Is there a solution to this particular problem?

Thanks.

1Password Version: 1.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@qzmarco - if you mean the icon that should be to the right of the username field when you load the login page, I think it's working correctly. I don't have an account at Organizze, but 1Password was immediately visible when I loaded the page. You might want to try restarting Chrome and reloading the page to see if it works. If not, is 1Password X behaving properly on other sites for which you have logins saved?

• qzmarco
    qzmarco
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Lars

Exactly. Here for me the icon does not appear. On several other sites it appears normally.

I've already restarted Chrome and reloaded the page, including using Ctrl + F5 (clearing the cache) and it did not work either.

• Thanks for the screenshot! That's very helpful.

Interestingly enough, just like @lars mentioned in his comment, it's working for me on my local machine.

So this is a bit of a mystery! 🤔

I'm testing on macOS and I believe that's where Lars tested as well, so perhaps that's the missing piece of the puzzle? The battery in my Surface is dead and I can't find the power charger (long story) so I can't test this myself at the moment. Can you try on your Windows machine for us please, @bundtkate?

Also, can you share your exact OS and Chrome versions with us please @qzmarco? That way hopefully we can test the exact same setup and see what's happening.

• qzmarco
    qzmarco
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @dteare !

My Chrome is 64.0.3282.167 64bit on Windows 10 build 1709 16299.248

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@qzmarco: I hate to say it, but even on Windows 10 I'm not having any issues there:

Do you have other extensions or software which might be interfering with 1Password X's ability to read and/or modify the page?

• qzmarco
    qzmarco
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty No... only 1Password X

• qzmarco
    qzmarco
    Community Member
    Options

Hi everyone!

I found the problem. In my work machine have the Kaspersky Antivirus. After disable de web protect module, the problem has been resolved.

I can not keep this module disabled. This problem happens in particular on this page, in other sites the icon appears without problems.

What can be done in this case?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2018
    Options

@qzmarco: Ah, good call. Indeed, things like "web protect" (different names depending on the software) can interfere in a number of ways, by modifying the webpage, blocking 1Password from running there, and even preventing you from making a secure connection to websites. There isn't anything we can do about it messing with things. The only thing you can do is disable it as a workaround — or, better yet, re-evaluate invasive software you're using at work, as this is just the tip of the iceberg. Different people will have opinions about Kaspersky, but I think we can all agree that performing a person-in-the-middle attack on your connection and modifying webpages is a bridge too far. But again, it's up to you as it's entirely outside of our control. 1Password X runs solely within the web browser and doesn't have hooks deep into the OS the way Kaspersky does.

P.S: You appear to have two other extensions installed in Chrome besides 1Password X. It's worth noting that Google Docs Offline has access to read anything you copy and paste.

• qzmarco
    qzmarco
    Community Member
    Options

I understand.

I agree with you, but I do not have the autonomy to leave this feature disabled in my work station...

To everyone, thank you very much for your attention.

:)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Ah, I hear you. You're welcome. Sorry I can't be of more help in this case, but I'm glad you have a workaround at least. :blush:

• I'm glad you found the culprit, @qzmarco! 🙌

While we can't code around every extension out there we can and do provide other ways of filling your usernames and passwords. On sites like this one where the inline menu is unusable, try using 1Password from your toolbar instead. When used in this manner 1Password runs completely within its own window so there's less chance of interference from other extensions and system modifications.

Please give that a try and let us know how it goes.

Take care. 👋

• qzmarco
    qzmarco
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @dteare

Yes, that way it works. The filling is done correctly. :)

• That's great to hear! Thanks for letting us know. 🧡

This discussion has been closed.