Logins not appearing in iOS Safari extension

mpi
mpi
Community Member

In 1Password I tap the website field of a login entry. It correctly runs Safari, goes to the website's login page, fills in the login details and waits for me to tap Log In. But if I go to the website login page first, in Safari, and try to use the 1P Safari extension, the login entry is not listed.

Martin

1Password Version: 7.0.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11.2.2
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @mpi

Is this happening with every login item or just a particular one (or handful)? If the latter please let us know the URL to the login page(s) in question.

Thanks!

Ben

• mpi
    mpi
    Community Member

Thanks Ben. With the Dropbox website it seems to work as expected. The website that does not work is the login page at https://login.churchsuite.com. There's a 2-step process – you first indicate which church it is: in our case Bransgore Community Church. Then you go to the login page with fields for email address and password. That's where the problem occurs.

There's no issue with this website when using 1P on my Macs.

Martin

• Thanks, @mpi. I just tested saving a new login item for this page and was able to fill it correctly on iOS. Could you please try saving a new login item using the 1Password for iOS Safari extension? Open the site in question in Safari and fill in your username and password manually (copy & paste from 1Password if necessary). Then open the share sheet > 1Password > New Login > Give it a unique name > Save. Then try refreshing the page to clear out your credentials and see if the new login item will fill.

Please let us know how that turns out. :)

Ben

• mpi
    mpi
    Community Member

Thanks, Ben. Creating a new login worked. Is there anything you can tell me about where the problem would have lain.

Martin

• Glad to hear that worked. :) Usually the most common cause for needing to save a new login item is that the field names on the login form have changed, but there are other things as well: URL has changed, browser has changed, etc. In general if a login item isn’t filling properly a good first step is to try saving a new one. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.