Pro Features not showing up on iPhone

debsocean
debsocean
Community Member

Hello, I have a 1Password license for almost 4 years & recently, can’t pinpoint when, I can no longer see my pro features on my iPhone, how can I get it back?

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited February 2018

Hi @debsocean,

The Pro features for 1Password for iOS are not covered by a license. If you look at your license you’ll see that it is either for 1Password for Mac, 1Password for Windows, or perhaps for both, but it will not be for 1Password for iOS. The Pro features for 1Password for iOS are sold as an in-app purchase through Apple’s App Store. As with all purchases through the App Store there is no license, but instead the purchase is associated with your Apple ID. In order to unlock the features on a new or different device you’d need to install 1Password while logged into the Apple ID that made the purchase (Apple’s Family Sharing does not apply to in-app purchases). If you’ve already installed 1Password using a different ID than the one that has the purchase on it you’d need to:

I hope that helps!

Ben

• debsocean
    debsocean
    Community Member

Thanks Ben, looking at my iPad, I have the pro features & something happened somewhere that stopped it on my iPhone. If what you’re saying is correct, I should be able to find the purchase in the App Store & follow your directions from there?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@debsocean - do you have more than one Apple ID? If so, you'll need to be signed into the App Store using the same Apple ID you used to make the in-app purchase of the Pro features, or you won't find anything at all. If you have only one Apple ID, then this won't be an issue. Once you're sure that part is all set, you can open 1Password on your iPhone and tap on Settings > Pro Features > Restore. That should get the Pro features restored. :)

• debsocean
    debsocean
    Community Member

Ben if I uninstall 1Password on my iPhone, how does that affect my iPad as what’s on there is correct?

• how does that affect my iPad

It doesn’t. :)

Ben

• debsocean
    debsocean
    Community Member

So uninstalling on my iPhone will not uninstall on my iPad- just making sure I understand 😃

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@debsocean - no, each instance of 1Password is separate. You can sync the data together using an advanced, 3rd party sync option like Dropbox or iCloud, or you can use a 1password.com account. But the separate applications will remain separate installs on different devices. Deleting the app from one device does not delete it from another device.

The ONE exception to this is if you have 1Password data ONLY on an iOS device. In such a case, if you delete the app and you're not using sync, you will lose all the data because in iOS, when you delete an app, you delete its local data as well.

• debsocean
    debsocean
    Community Member

Thanks so much for your help, working on it this week 😊Deb

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good. On behalf of Lars and Ben, you are most welcome! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

• debsocean
    debsocean
    Community Member

Ok, Gentlemen, Here is my update:
    JUST WHEN I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO HAVE TO FIGURE OUT ANOTHER WAY...
    Oh, everything just came back when I logged in with the iCloud backup!!! Yeah, it's all there - RESTORED, RESOLVED!
    Thank you so much for the detailed instructions Ben on 2/23, extremely helpful!

Have a great Spring! Deb

• That is great to hear, @debsocean. Glad to hear everything worked out. :) If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@debsocean: I'm glad to hear that worked. But please, please — I implore you — backup your 1Password data regularly if you're not using a 1Password.com membership. Better safe than sorry. :)

This discussion has been closed.