To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

New account with existing email

blofeld
blofeld
Community Member

Hello,

I have previously registered for the free trial but have since lost both the secret key and master password that was used with my account. I have backed up the passwords onto a local app so I do not need to maintain the data in the lost account but I would like to enable a new account using the same e-mail. How can I do this as I cannot currently sign into my.1password.com?

1Password Version: 7.0.5 & 6.8.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 11.1.? & MacOS 10.13.3
Sync Type: trying to migrate from iCloud

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @blofeld! It's not often we get the chance to speak with the mastermind of a shadowy internal criminal conspiracy. 😉

If you have an individual account, you won't be able to use the same email address to register for another account until the existing one is deleted. If you can't sign in because you forgot your Master Password or lost your Secret Key (or both), then the way to delete the account would be to write to our support email address - support@agilebits.com - from the email address you used to register for your 1password.com account, and we'll send you out special email with a link and instructions for deleting your account. Once that's done, your email address should be freed up to sign up for a new account. With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/86919/new-account-with-existing-email#latest
    • Your forum username: @blofeld

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number in the subject/title.  Please post that number here so we can "connect the dots" and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :) Thanks very much!

• blofeld
    blofeld
    Community Member

@Lars,

Many thanks. The support number is #EFK-12566-559

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@blofeld -- looks like my colleague Zak already jumped on it. I'll let you two work it out from here; let us know if you need anything else. Cheers! 😊

This discussion has been closed.