No answer needed figured it out

safety1
safety1
Community Member
edited February 2018 in iOS

No answer needed figured it out
I just restored my phone and iPhone to original settings and added the 1password app. I had a previous version of 1password purchase through apple app store, it was several years ago and is not a subscription model. It shared data across iPad, iPhone and mac desktop. The app that now comes on my phone is for 1P7, how do I get my old app back on my phone and iPad, I believe I only have a master password and not a secret key. I hope this makes sense. thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@safety1 - I always feel a little like a slacker when someone's already solved whatever problem they were having by the time I get to answering their post. On the one hand, I'm glad between their own smarts plus our existing documentation, they were able to fix things themselves. On the other hand, you guys are gonna put me and brenty and ben out of a job if we don't have any problems to solve! 😉

Glad you got everything sorted out; if you have any continuing issues or follow-up questions, don't hesitate to ask; we're here to help!

• safety1
    safety1
    Community Member

your funny, so not to put you out of business, what benefit is it to me to switch to a subscription model? I'm happy with what I have, syncing between all my apple devices.
    New customers can only get subscription model?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@safety1 - great question! It's of course a personal decision, and we've committed to making both the standalone app with local data (and traditional per-platform licensing) as well as the 1password.com membership model available in the upcoming 1Password 7. It's not entirely true that new customers right now can only get subscriptions. We're still selling licenses for 1Password for Mac, and the only reason we're not doing the same for Windows is that the version of 1Password for Windows that works with standalone (local) data is 1Password 4 for Windows, which is so old at this point that we don't offer it for sale. The upcoming 1Password 7 for Windows will allow users to be either standalone users or 1password.com account holders -- or both!

We developed the 1password.com service and we're now recommending it as the best way to use 1Password for the vast majority of our users, for a number of reasons. No fuss, rock-solid sync, easy and flexible sharing of data between family members or even in a business arrangement with 1Password Teams -- these were things we simply couldn't do with the limited and more-generic third-party sync APIs of Dropbox or iCloud. Don't get me wrong, we love both Apple and Dropbox...but they didn't design their sync engines to be custom-tailored to 1Password data. They have to sync everything, and as a result, a lot of the things we kept thinking "wouldn't it be cool if we could offer our customers _____" just wasn't possible with 3rd party sync. But it is with 1password.com. Anyone who wants to is enthusiastically invited to head over to the main 1Password sign-up page and create a free 30-day trial account. Kick the tires, ask us questions. See if it's for you. We think you'll like it so much you'll wonder how you managed without it. :)

This discussion has been closed.