Family account.

fuzzy
fuzzy
Community Member

Hi.
I have a single user(trial) account, and are just been included in a existing Family account. Works great.
What do I need to do with the my existing account? I can see it will expire in some days, but what about the billing? Will the account be deleted, or are there anything I need to do?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@fuzzy: So long as you copy your data over to the new account (and don't have billing setup for it) there isn't anything more you need to do. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• euroclydon37
    euroclydon37
    Community Member

I had this same question, but this convo is a little unclear. I created a new account for my Grandmother and added her to the family account I already pay for. I did not set up any billing on her account. But she just got a "free trial expiring soon" email.

Is she gonna lose access to her passwords?

• @euroclydon37

It sounds like you created a separate membership for your Grandmother either in addition to or instead of inviting her to your 1Password Families membership. You’ll want to move all of her items into a vault under her account in your 1Password Families membership and then delete the separate membership.

You can learn how to invite her to your 1Password Families membership here:

Share passwords in 1Password Families

Instructions on moving items between vaults can be found here:

Move items between vaults | 1Password

And lastly you can learn about how to delete the extranious membership here:

How to delete your 1Password account

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.