Direct link to 1Password 6 for Windows Beta list?

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I've looked at the usual download site for 1Password 6 for Windows Beta and cannot find an app for downloading. I am having difficulty with the recent updates being slow at installation. Web Installer?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @wkleem it should be available here https://rink.hockeyapp.net/apps/0cb99692bcdb47abb89fad56dfd56d0c

Whole download is one MSI file which is slightly over 6MB.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, @SergeyTheAgile. That worked!

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @wkleem,

On behalf of Serg, you're welcome.

If you're using 1Password Families or Teams, you'll also find it via the Get the Apps page on your 1Password.com site.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

Between the public beta and private beta, I'm using the public beta or stable releases. How do people get the private betas if it isn't publicly available?

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/71950/newest-beta-shows-a-ton-of-pending-changes#latest

I've checked the above Hockey App link to find it is a public beta list.

• Hi @wkleem,

There is only the public beta for everyone, the private beta list is internal use only, and will be phased out in the near future.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

I've now noticed a change in the way things work. The App Update Server now lists betas. However when I checked within 1Password 6 for Windows, I am still being asked to register as a beta user from Hockey?

• Hi @wkleem,

Once we had the first stable release back in Oct, the beta notes started to get populated on the app-updates site. Without a stable build first, the beta notes were shown instead by default.

As for the instructions, the app isn't yet smart enough to hide the instructions once you enter your registered email address, so you don't have to register again, you just have to make sure the email address is entered and it's done.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

Thanks @MikeT. I am an unregistered beta user for Hockey App. I was registered for the old Windows Modern Alpha/Beta versions. Do I need to re-register?

• Hi @wkleem,

In that case, yes, you would need to register again, we are auto-approving every new signup at the moment for the 1Password 6 Beta project. We do plan to remove the registration in the future.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

We do plan to remove the registration in the future.

It has been quite a few months now but there is still no way to directly download betas like in past for 1Password 6, and approaching now, 1Password 7 and it is nearly 2018?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Yep. It's still on out todo list, but as you can imagine we have a lot of work to do so that 1Password 7 can exist at all. :blush:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

It is now 2018, 1Password 7 Alpha 1 is the latest version but I still need the Hockey App which is supposed to be done away with. I suppose I will have to wait then?

• MikeT
    edited February 2018
    Options

Hi guys,

@wkleem, HockeyApp is still required for the installed 6.x releases to find any stable or beta updates, including updates that are not on HockeyApp.

Once you're using 1Password 7, it does not use HockeyApp anymore nor does it require you to have a HockeyApp account.

However, we have not updated our sites yet to use the direct links, that will happen much later when we get close to releasing 1Password 7 or shortly afterward. You'd still need to install 1Password 7 stable first to enable beta updates.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

Hi I am now on 1Password 7 Alpha directly. Thanks. Brent still posts links to the Beta Channel but my experience is that the beta link downloads the stable version? And still linked to Hockey App

https://rink.hockeyapp.net/api/2/apps/0cb99692bcdb47abb89fad56dfd56d0c?format=zip

I thought I saw in a discussion somewhere but cannot locate it now.

• Hi @wkleem,

I think it's the post above yours. The web sites have not been updated yet to use direct links, including our download and app-updates pages. We will work on that later when we get to our first beta or stable release.

We still use Hockeyapp to redirect you to stable or beta downloads depending on your browser's cookies. So, if you're not signed in, any downloads you find will be the stable release. If you're signed in, you'll get the beta version. Once 1Password 7 ships, the direct link will be very specific.

• HDV
    HDV
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @MikeT I'd like to help test the 1Password 7. I got the latest 1Password 7 1PasswordSetup-7.0.519.exe from direct link and installed but it seems like it still requires 1Password.com account.

I am a 1Password 4 user and never created a 1Password.com account. I wanted to create a Trial account but stopped when it askes/forces to input a credit card.

Is there a way to test 1Password7 without creating 1Password.com account or if I have to create one not having to put credit card info?

Is there going to be a truly standalone 1Password 7 app or not?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @MikeT I'd like to help test the 1Password 7. I got the latest 1Password 7 1PasswordSetup-7.0.519.exe from direct link and installed but it seems like it still requires 1Password.com account.

@HDV: That's correct. As mentioned in the announcement and release notes,

As licensing is not yet implemented, standalone vaults would require you to be signed in first to a valid 1Password account.

Sorry for the confusion about that. This is an alpha and does not have everything completed.

I am a 1Password 4 user and never created a 1Password.com account. I wanted to create a Trial account but stopped when it askes/forces to input a credit card.

Correct. You can add one and then remove it from your billing page.

Is there a way to test 1Password7 without creating 1Password.com account or if I have to create one not having to put credit card info?

No. The 1Password 7 alpha requires a 1Password.com account.

Is there going to be a truly standalone 1Password 7 app or not?

Yes. We've already said that.

This discussion has been closed.