How do I get the secret key? 1Password was purchased through App store on 12/28/2013.

jobrien155
jobrien155
Community Member

On 12/28/2013 I purchased 1Password for 34.99 and the Password manager and secure wallet for 9.99. I don't have the secret key. I've been using Dropbox to sync since then. I've been trying to log into 1password.com with no luck because I don't have the secret key. I use 1Password on a Mac, iPad and iPhone.

1Password Version: 6.8.7
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:How do I get the secret key? 1Password was purchased through App store on 12/28/2013.

Comments

• Hi @jobrien155

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

1Password.com accounts are a subscription membership service, and are not included with standalone license purchases. In fact 1Password.com service didn’t even exist in 2013. :) Without subscription membership you wouldn’t have a 1Password.com account, and therefore wouldn’t have a Secret Key.

Could you please let us know a bit more about what you’re trying to accomplish? We’d be happy to get you pointed in the right direction.

Ben

• jobrien155
    jobrien155
    Community Member

For starters, i’m trying use use an 1password app on an iPad. Once I download the app, it only lets me use iCloud or 1password.com, neither of which i’ve Used in the past.

• Please try scrolling down. There are more options below those. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.