Telling 1password to keep me signed on longer; Can't use master password to get into application.

mooph
mooph
Community Member

The problem I'm trying to solve is this:

I'm using free version of 1password 5 When I sign in, it signs me out in less than 10 minutes, so every time I want to use it, I have to sign in again. I live alone and nobody but me uses the computer. How can I tell it to keep me signed in?

But before I can solve that, I must figure out why the 1password 5 application will not accept my master password that I use every day to access 1password from the icon on top of my safari browser. First error message said can't open this vault. So I try to create a new vault, and that doesn't work either. I can't see older versions in my Application folder that might be causing the problem. I am stumped.

mooph

1Password Version: 5.4.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.10.5
Sync Type: n/a Don't use on devices
Referrer: forum-search:Can I choose to leave sign-in active all day?

Comments

• normsky
    normsky
    Community Member
    edited February 2018

Go to your settings in 1P > Preferences > Security under Auto-lock. If I am not mistaken, there is no such thing as "keep 1P logged in". But if I am to asked, for security reasons I do not recommend it added to 1P. Just my thought...

Please wait for 1P team member regarding your second issue.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2018

The problem I'm trying to solve is this: I'm using free version of 1password 5 When I sign in, it signs me out in less than 10 minutes, so every time I want to use it, I have to sign in again. I live alone and nobody but me uses the computer. How can I tell it to keep me signed in?

@mooph: To be clear, there is no "free version" of 1Password for Mac. But, as normsky mentioned, you can customize the security preferences to have 1Password lock differently.

But before I can solve that, I must figure out why the 1password 5 application will not accept my master password that I use every day to access 1password from the icon on top of my safari browser. First error message said can't open this vault. So I try to create a new vault, and that doesn't work either. I can't see older versions in my Application folder that might be causing the problem. I am stumped.

Do you maybe have multiple vaults too, and you're trying to use the wrong password altogether? (Un)fortunately AgileBits has neither your 1Password data nor the Master Password used to secure it, so this isn't something we can 'reset' for you to help directly. However, please try the tips in this guide as they may help you gain access again:

https://support.1password.com/forgot-master-password/

If that doesn't help though, you will need to either restore from a backup, sync from another device, or simply start over. You can try as many times as you want. You won’t be “locked out”, but you will not be able to access your data unless you can enter the required Master Password correctly, as the data cannot be decrypted otherwise. Please let me know how it turns out.

This discussion has been closed.