I would like to gift a 1 year subscription to someone who is not a family member. How?

This is for a European who is on MacOS and Android. What is the process for gifting an individual subscription?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:billing

Comments

• Hi lucpb,

I do not see an option to order as a gift. I would say you submit it in their name but paid under your name and card.

You will need their email and other info and then when the one month trial ends you tell them to let you know so you can pay for it.

Cheers,
    Conor

• FrankFrank

Team Member

Hi @lucpb - Great question! As of right now, we don't have a way to gift a 1Password.com account. We're working on it. You could give the recipient a gift card for the amount of the subscription then they could add the MasterCard to Visa gift card to the billing page. Sorry for not having a better answer at the moment.

Thank you @csmoran9 for the assistance!

• Hi @Frank

Any news about a way to buy as a gift? 1Password is a bit expensive, the only way to make a friend start to use it is giving him one year of subscription.

I’m surprised that I can’t buy as a gift... :|

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @caebrasil

At the moment the only way to do so would be to purchase a Visa Gift Card or similar, which can be found at most convenience/grocery stores. We do not have a way, at present, for someone to pay for someone else's subscription.

Sorry for the inconvenience. :(

Ben

• Thanks, @Ben
    Unfortunately VISA Gift Card or similar doesn't exist in Brazil, so I have no way to do it.
    Anyway, thank you for your attention.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Ah, sorry about that @caebrasil. Hopefully we can come up with a true 1st party solution in the future.

Ben

• khadkhad Social Choreographer

Team Member

I have some good news to report. I know it’s a bit later, but my mom always says, “Better late than never.” :)

Helping to keep your friends and family secure online is a wonderful gift, and I'm excited to say that 1Password Gift Cards are now available, including a $125 gift card on sale for just $99! These are great for both family and individual accounts.

Learn more about redeeming 1Password Gift Cards.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file