1Password windows application and chrome extension are linked with old account, unable to sign in

Options

I originally had a working 1password account with a windows application and chrome extension. Time passed and I forgot my password. The admin reset my password and I was able to create a new master password with a new secret key. But now my chrome extension and windows application are synced with my old secret key and looking for the new password.

When I tried to uninstall and reinstall both the application and chrome extension, there was no where to select 'change account' or 'change secret key'.

How do I reset the application and chrome extension to work with this new secret key??

1Password Version: 6.8.496
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: 16299.248
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @ghorduna: Assuming that you can sign in to your account in your browser and see all of your data as expected, you can follow these instructions to reset 1Password 6 for Windows and sign in again. The Chrome extension takes its cues from the main app, so you only need to worry about the app itself. The extension will follow suit. Give it a go and let us know if you have any questions along the way. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.