Chrome extension icon greyed out

2»

Comments

• jsimsa
    jsimsa
    Community Member

Thank you for your quick response. I sent the email a couple of hours ago, but I did not receive the automated reply back.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Thanks, @jsimsa. I found your diagnostics report. It looks like you have both the Mac App Store version of 1Password and the version from our website installed and this is causing 1Password's connection to get confused because sometimes it is using one version and sometimes the other so it is losing some of the context. The configuration file that Chrome uses to look up the 1Password application for the extension is pointing to the version from our website, so simply removing the Mac App Store version should help.

1. Go to your Applications folder
    2. Look for 1Password. You should see two apps, one named "1Password" and another named "1Password 6"
    3. Drag the 1Password (without the 6) to the trash. You might be prompted for your administrator password to do this.
    4. Empty the Trash
    5. Restart your Mac

Now, give the extension a try and see how it goes. Let us know how it turns out.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits
    Fort Worth, Texas

ref: TAW-93226-843

• jsimsa
    jsimsa
    Community Member
    edited September 2017

Thanks Jamie, your advice worked. Great support!

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

My pleasure, @Jsimsa! Glad that helped!

• lnsnpip
    lnsnpip
    Community Member

Is this thread still open? I am having the same issue on Chrome, with Windows version of 1password installed on the desktop.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @lnsnpip,

The thread is open but these sorts of issues are most quickly solved if we review a diagnostic report. With that in mind can you create one please and send it in. This link will guide you through the steps and has sections for the various supported versions of 1Password.

How to send a 1Password diagnostics report

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+extension@agilebits.com.

Once you've sent the report you should received an automated response from us with a ticket ID. Can you post that here please to help us to keep an eye out for it. With access to the report we should be able to better assist you :smile:

• lnsnpip
    lnsnpip
    Community Member

@littlebobbytables ,

Thanks for the prompt reply. Here is the ticket ID #PZC-58852-633.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @lnsnpip,

I've just sent a reply :smile:

• jheddings
    jheddings
    Community Member

This is a little late, but just wanted to add a solution that worked for me...

My 1Password icon was "blinking" intermitently, not totally greyed out. This has happened in the past, but I had forgotten what I did to resolve it, so I went to the forums. The tricks to reinstall things did not work. Then I remembered a simple solution that had worked before.

First, I verified having the latest versions of browser & 1Password. Then, I quit 1Password Mini and re-opened the 1Password application. That restarted 1Password Mini and got the extension working again. Hope this helps anyone else who many run into this (including a future version of myself).

1Password - 6.8.6
    Mac OS - 10.13.2
    Chrome - 63.0.3239.132

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for letting us know that worked for you! I'm sure it can help others as well in some cases. Cheers! :)

• phildodd
    phildodd
    Community Member

Thanks, @jheddings , that procedure worked for me, too!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Glad to hear it! And we're here if you need anything else. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.