1Password used to synch between laptop and iPad. Now it doesn't.

LaurenBenjamin
LaurenBenjamin
Community Member

I don't have much more information. It used to be true that I'd make a 1Password entry on my laptop and it would synch with my iPad. Now it doesn't. I didn't change anything that I know of...

1Password Version: 6.8.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.13.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1 password not synching between computer and ipad

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@LaurenBenjamin - sorry to hear about the sync difficulties just now. One more piece of information that might help would be what sync service you're using - Dropbox? iCloud? A 1password.com account? Something different?

• LaurenBenjamin
    LaurenBenjamin
    Community Member

I don't really know. In 1Password Preferences it says "Also sync primary vault with 'folder." I think it has always been that way. I have the following information; I don't know if that means I have a 1Password account. #12686507 dated 9/17/15. If that doesn't help, how would I find out if I have an account or if my stuff syncs through something else?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@LaurenBenjamin - if it says "also sync," that means you have the WLAN server turned on in Preferences > WLAN Server. So you were/are syncing at least via WLAN, but potentially also via another method; it sounds as if you may be using Folder sync.

Can you tell me why you believe items are not syncing? For WLAN sync to occur, both your devices need to be on the same network (usually the one in your house), and both need to have 1Password running and unlocked. Can you make sure this is the case on your Mac laptop, and then please open your iPad's copy of 1Password and make sure the iPad is connected to the same wi-fi network as your Mac, then create a new Secure Note on each device -- give each one a unique name such as "From iPad" and "From Mac" so you can tell at a glance where each note originated. Then, give things a moment or two to sync, and check both devices to see whether you can see only one note, or both. Let us know what you discover! Thanks.

• LaurenBenjamin
    LaurenBenjamin
    Community Member

I followed your directions closely. Result: neither secure note transferred to the other devise. ??

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@LaurenBenjamin - thanks. That means your devices are not syncing with one another. Can you open your iPad, please, and tell me what you see regarding sync? Visit Settings > Sync and let me know what you discover there. Thanks.

• LaurenBenjamin
    LaurenBenjamin
    Community Member

Says primary is WLAN

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@LaurenBenjamin - OK, thanks. And what does it say regarding the most-recent sync? When did that occur? If you can't tell or it was a long time ago, I'd like to toggle off the WLAN sync, then turn it back on. Let me know how that goes (and if those Secure Notes appear on the other device).

• LaurenBenjamin
    LaurenBenjamin
    Community Member

When I press the 'sync now' element it says "computer not found: 1password could not find a mac or pc to sync with. Please make sure... etc" I just checked again to be sure both were on the same wifi connection and that both 1Passwords were open. Still no go.

• LaurenBenjamin
    LaurenBenjamin
    Community Member

last sync says a year ago - gulp! So I disabled sync and am trying to start it again. Got a message that says "open 1Password for Mac or Windows and select Window > WLAN server or File > WLAND server, respectively. Make sure this iPad and your computer are connected to the same wifi network." I do all that and my laptop takes me to a code I'm supposed to enter on the iPad, but I don't know where to enter it. When I press 'start syncing' it takes me to the same message.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2018

@LaurenBenjamin - OK that's progress. From there, you'll want to check the steps in this troubleshooting guide to make sure WLAN sync is set up correctly on both devices. You should be able to "see" the computer from your mobile device, and you should get a window to enter the code that's displayed in your Mac's WLAN Server window. If you can't, you may want to check to make sure the Mac is on the same wi-fi network and is discoverable. Let me know how it goes!

ref: GTZ-25776-342

This discussion has been closed.