Buying as a gift

MorganW
MorganW
Community Member

Hi,

Have been an avid 1Password fan and user for several years. I'd like to gift a licence to my parents so that they can use the software on their Windows PC & iPhones/iPads.

Could you please tell me how I'd go about doing this and - as a cheeky request - any chance of a discount? :wink:

Thank you

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @MorganW,

1Password 6 for Windows is only available with a 1Password.com subscription account. It’s the latest version of 1Password for Windows, and it includes a beautiful new design as well as automatic sync to your other devices using your 1Password.com account.

With a 1Password account, you won’t have to worry about dealing with licensing and you can easily use 1Password on all your devices. You can use the account to sync your devices automatically — third-party services like Dropbox and iCloud are no longer required. Simply sign into your account and all of your 1Password data is there. You can learn more here:

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

What you could do is create a 1Password Families account and invite your parents to it. That would allow you, as the Family Organizer, to handle the billing, while allowing your parents to enjoy 1Password on all of their devices without having a bill of their own. If you decide to go that route you can learn about migrating your own data to the 1Password Families account here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

I hope that helps!

Ben

• MorganW
    MorganW
    Community Member

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the info - sounds like what I need. Just need to get my head around paying $60 annually when I've been very happy with my standalone licence!

• There is currently a promo for World Password Day (May 4th) which give you 4 months free, instead of the usual 30 days. You can read about that here:
    https://1password.com/promo/layerup

As the holiday was yesterday I'm not sure how much longer that promo will be available for but hopefully you can catch it while it is still on!

Also as outlined above remember that the subscription gives you the latest versions of all of the 1Password apps for you and your family, whereas a standalone license is valid for one version of 1Password on one platform for you alone. It is a pretty good deal when you compare to the cost of buying licenses for each platform for each person. :)

Ben

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

I have some good news to report. I know it’s a bit later, but my mom always says, “Better late than never.” :)

Helping to keep your friends and family secure online is a wonderful gift, and I'm excited to say that 1Password Gift Cards are now available, including a $125 gift card on sale for just $99! These are great for both family and individual accounts.

Learn more about redeeming 1Password Gift Cards.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

Helping to keep your friends and family secure online is a wonderful gift, and I'm excited to say that 1Password Gift Cards are now available, including a $125 gift card on sale for just $99! These are great for both family and individual accounts.

Interesting, @khad. Thank you for sharing. Does it work with Teams accounts?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@wkleem,

Happy to help! And, yep. 1Password Gift Cards work with all accounts on 1Password.com. :+1:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

It may be a way to workaround the annual limits of the Credit Card subscriptions.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Good point! :)

• @wkleem,

I know someone who's already pre-paid for 3 years that way.

Rudy

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

@rudy,

Thanks for letting me know!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

:chuffed::+1:

This discussion has been closed.