op get document fails with a 500 error

wincent
wincent
Community Member

After grabbing a list of document UUIDs with op list documents I find that op get document $UUID > filename ends up failing with a 500 error for many of the documents. Some of them work, but others consistently fail. Anybody else had success downloading documents en masse? This is with v0.3 of the op tool.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.13.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @wincent,

Can you confirm that those documents can be downloaded fine from another app like the webapp? Regardless there seems to be an issue here, but that answer will help us know where to start looking.

Can you tell me if the account you’re using on the CLI has the same email address as your forum account? If not can you PM me the account email in question?

Thanks

Rick

• wincent
    wincent
    Community Member

Yep, it's the same email, and documents seem to download fine in the macOS desktop app and also the web app (using Chrome). I can check some specific UUIDs later (not in front of my computer right now).

• Hi @wincent,

I'm seeing errors on our side for a fetch related to item uuids rzz6lo72szetdczo3ss22jef5e, zos3hldq3rcp3gdkpbfyz7224i, and dwz4yoz2j5cr3m3tfxnm5wray4? Can you confirm that these are the items you're having trouble with? I'm not seeing any successful downloads of a file from the zos3hldq3rcp3gdkpbfyz7224i item within the last 7 days.

Something to try is doing a trivial edit to the item in another app, an app which has or can download the file. This can sometimes fix issues like this.

Rick

• Looking at item the zos3hldq3rcp3gdkpbfyz7224i item closer, I think I see what's going on. It's an item that was created a long time ago. I suspect that doing an edit/save from an app like the Mac app should fix it up for you.

Rick

• Gah... the 'workaround' for the issue that I'm thinking of isn't to edit the item, but to move it from one vault to another. Basically the item is old enough that the CLI is supposed to use an older API to download it. But it seems that that check is broken, and it's using the newer API instead. The newer API won't work for it until the item gets upgraded. An item gets upgraded when moved between vaults. I can't think of any other way to upgrade the item until we can fix whatever is causing the CLI tool from properly detecting that it's an older item.

Rick

• Looked at the CLI code, and it seems that we do indeed have a bug that causes any older document to fail to be downloaded. I've filed issue #362 in our CLI's bug tracker to have this fixed up.

Thanks for reporting this to us.

Rick

• wincent
    wincent
    Community Member

Thanks for investigating, and providing a workaround.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Likewise, thanks for bringing this to our attention, and for your patience while we work on a fix. :)

This discussion has been closed.