Browser extension is asking for authorization every time Safari is started

Each time Safari starts it asks to authorize the browser extension. When I do, it seems to authorize successfully, but it asks again the next time Safari starts. This started a couple days ago after upgrading to version 6.8.7. I've confirmed that I only have one copy of the 1Password app on my machine (installed from Mac App Store). I installed

Is there any known way to resolve this issue?

1Password Version: 6.8.7
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: 10.13.3
Sync Type: 1Password Account

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @vascobrown,

The most likely culprit, simply based on previous queries, is that the extension is having trouble either storing or retrieving the authorisation/pairing details. We rely entirely on Safari to do this part for the extension and I still don't know why it happens or have any way to reproduce it. I've found resetting Safari has helped the vast majority of instances but just before we go down that route I would like to review a diagnostic report just to confirm. This link will guide you through the steps and has sections for the various supported versions of 1Password.

How to send a 1Password diagnostics report

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+extension@agilebits.com.

Once you've sent the report you should received an automated response from us with a ticket ID. If you could post that ticket ID here it will allow myself or one of my colleagues to quickly locate the email and we can take it from there.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@vascobrown: The only cause I've seen so far is "security" software or 3rd party extensions ("adblockers" are a common culprit) actively preventing Safari from saving the authorization token, therefore requiring authorization each session since there is nothing to retrieve from the last. Disabling them to allow Safari to save it normally should allow it to work fine in subsequent sessions, since the token will be there to be read again. I hope this helps! :)

• vascobrown
    vascobrown
    Community Member

Well, disabling my adblocker didn't resolve the issue, but it did start working properly after I installed the latest system update (macOS High Sierra 10.13.3. Supplemental Update). Not sure if that was the actual fix, but I'll take it nonetheless.

Thanks,

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for letting me know! It's certainly possible that something with Safari itself was hung up. Just glad to hear all is well now. Cheers! :)

• lymbo90
    lymbo90
    Community Member

I have this issue and it is incredibly irritating. Is there a solution or should I just app delete 1Password and use an alternative?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@lymbo90: Unfortunately without any details it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it. Please tell me the OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. My best guess is that you're using something out of date, since current versions of 1Password don't even have anything like what's described in this nearly-a-year-old discussion. But I'd rather not make assumptions based on a lack of information. Thanks in advance! :)

• lymbo90
    lymbo90
    Community Member

Thank you anyway but I've gotten rid of all of my 1Password on my Mac.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Okay. :)

This discussion has been closed.