To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Add 2FA without QR

tomillo
tomillo
Community Member

There's a way to write the key of the two factor? I don't have the QR image..

1Password Version: 6.8.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:two factor

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@tomillo - I'm not quite sure what you're asking: do you mean you have TOTP set up in 1Password already for a certain Login item? Or you're trying to set TOTP up within 1Password but don't have the QR code from a site? Most sites that allow MFA using a TOTP code will work with 1Password, but you may want to refer to their documentation for instructions. Can you clarify the situation for us a bit?

• tomillo
    tomillo
    Community Member

The problem here is I have already configured 2FA with the QR image in Google Authenticator and I have written down the code.on a sheet paper, And now I would also like to configure in 1Password without having to regenerate the code.

@Lars sorry, my english is not good, hope you understand.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@tomillo: It sounds like, if you already have your TOTP secret for the account, you just need to enter it into your login item in 1Password. That way you can use it to generate the TOTP code to login. However, if you do not have your TOTP secret for the account, you will need to get it from there. It isn't possible for us to give it to you, or for 1Password to generate the TOTP code without it. Cheers! :)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@tomillo -- if you don't have the actual QR code for 1Password to scan, you can create a new field and change its record type to One-Time Password, then enter the secret directly into the field itself (which is what the QR code does, when you use it). It should be in the following form (this one uses our favorite fictional employee, Wendy Appleseed and her make-believe Gmail as an example, and this is obviously not real data):

otpauth://totp/github.com/yourusername?issuer=GitHub&secret=mra6y6osqcip4b7v

Like this:

• tomillo
    tomillo
    Community Member

That works @Lars. Thank you very much!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@tomillo - glad I could help! :)

This discussion has been closed.