Google Drive File Stream

swissalexx
swissalexx
Community Member

How can I use 1Password 6 to fill the password of my accounts in the window of Google Drive File Stream when I try to connect? It doesn't let me paste the copy of my email and password :-(

1Password Version: 6.8.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Google Drive File Stream

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @swissalexx! Are you referring to the Mac application for Google Drive? If so, then you won't be able to auto-fill from 1Password directly because we can't auto-fill in any app yet...but you certainly should be able to copy/paste. Only...as I try it myself now with GDFS, you appear to be quite correct: I can't copy/paste, either.

Unfortunately, I'm afraid this isn't one I'm going to be able to solve for you directly; if GDFS won't let you copy/paste, you'll need to take that up with Google. I don't want to sound like we're passing the buck -- but we literally have no control over that, if they take specific measures to prevent pasted passwords/login credentials. I'll file an issue here with our own developers, but I don't think there's a lot we can do if Google wants to prevent that. We'll see if we can reach out to them for either a resolution or at least an explanation, but I have no idea what they'll say. You may wish to contact them yourself and ask why they're preventing paste.

• swissalexx
    swissalexx
    Community Member

Thanks Lars. Exactly, I thought I could copy/paste my passwords in GDFS (as Google Drive will end May 12), but it doesn't. It's very ennoying, as for security reasons I'm now using complicated and long passwords to secure all my Google accounts. I will try to contact them, but I'm not a developper and have still a free account, so not sure my voice does import.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@swissalexx - Oh, I've no doubt it's annoying. It would annoy me too if I used GDFS on the regular (which I don't). Here we are (along with every other password advisor on the planet), telling you that you need long, strong unique passwords for every site or service, so you duly follow instructions and now you're being punished for it -- at least that's what it feels like. I really do wish I could do something to assist you more directly, because I totally feel your pain on this one. But unfortunately, we as developers of a password manager have a lot less leverage than you do as a user...even if you've only got a free account. Of course we'd like to have Google integrate (or at least play nicer) with 1Password -- that goes without saying. It's why we don't have a lot of leverage: developers correctly assume this is our position -- and we're not their customers/users. But if YOU approach them in the right way and tell them they're breaking (or impeding) your workflow due to this insistence on disallowing 'paste', they're much more likely to listen -- especially if they hear that same compllaint multiple times from multiple users.

• swissalexx
    swissalexx
    Community Member

Thank you Lars, I will for sure.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

👍🏻🙂

This discussion has been closed.