Password always defaults to caps

Jims11296
Jims11296
Community Member

When I try to enter a password into the password window in always defaults to Caps(upper case) which I have to turn off each time. When entering log in info from 1 Pass it also defaults to Caps for my stored passwords which then is usually the incorrect password. Help please

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Jims11296
    Jims11296
    Community Member

Password ver 6.8.7, 687007 Ext Safari4.6.12 MacOS 13.13.3

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Jims11296 - Sorry for the trouble! I have to confess, that's a new one on me: I'm unaware of any issues with 1Password defaulting to ALLCAPS. You're saying it happens both when you enter your Master Password into 1Password and when you use 1Password to fill items into a login page? Do I have that right?

If so, I'm wondering whether you've got a keyboard modifier like TextExpander or Typinator that might inadvertently have a rule which is interfering? Do you run anything like that -- PopChar, TextExpander, Typinator, Keyboard Maestro, or other similar program?

• Jims11296
    Jims11296
    Community Member

Hi Lars I have solved the problem, I recently got a new keyboard, the old wireless one was still on and the caps lock key was engaged
    so it was affecting my log ons thanks

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Jims11296 - to be honest, I'm glad you figured it out, since I was completely out of suggestions! There's just nothing in 1Password that would result in such behavior, so I was trying to wrack my brain to figure out how I might be able to assist. Thanks for letting me know, and glad to hear you're all squared away. :)

This discussion has been closed.