Unable to login to 1password family account on the web after deleting and re-inviting user

Quinton
Quinton
Community Member

Hi guys,

Not sure if this is a known issue but I have been unable to login to the family web portal since I had asked my family organiser to delete and then re-invite my e-mail.

It simply says "Cannot sign in. User is deleted." We checked that my user is not deleted in the family account. In fact, I am able to login to the family account via the windows desktop app and iOS app.

Is there something we can do to resolve this problem?

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Quinton: If you were deleted an re-invited, you'll have a brand new Secret Key and potentially a different Master Password as well. Did you save a copy of your new Emergency Kit? Which browser version are you using?

• Quinton
    Quinton
    Community Member

@brenty I have access to the new secret key and master password through the phone app. I am using chrome for Windows to browse.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Quinton - are you certain you're using the correct URL to attempt login? There are only a few things that must be correct for an account to be signed-into successfully. They are:

1. URL (usually not an issue, but if you belong to more than one account, it might be) - Individual accounts will be https://my.1password.com and 1Password Families or 1Password Teams accounts will have the chosen name in place of "my."
    2. email address you initially registered using -- might want to check this if you have multiple email addresses
    3. Master Password
    4. Secret Key

The last two should not give you the kind of error message you're seeing; they should fail with "Cannot sign in. Your email address, Secret Key, or Master Password is incorrect."

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Quinton: Do you maybe already have Chrome authorized with the original — now deleted — account? That would have your old Secret Key saved there. So if you only have to type in the Master Password, and you're using the same Master Password you were for the old account, you'll have the correct credentials, but 1Password.com will also correctly tell you that account has been deleted; you'll need to sign into the new one by entering its new Secret Key along with the rest of your credentials.

• Quinton
    Quinton
    Community Member

@brenty You're right! Chrome remembered the previous account which was already deleted. I had to create a new account and relogin with the same email, but new secret key and master password. Thanks guys!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Quinton - glad that was the answer! On behalf of brenty (who's not in right now), you're quite welcome. :)

This discussion has been closed.