Open & Fill no longer works with TIAA site.

I'm using version 6.8.7 on iMac and MacBook Air. All other sites open OK. Just yesterday 1Password would no longer autofill my login information for TIAA. It takes me to the TIAA Log In page but will not autofill. I can access the site using copy & paste but when I log off I get the following: "Sign Off Error. Your sign-off attempt wasn't successful at all sites. Please close all of your browser windows and try again. No known federation session to logout or SLO is not configured." This occurs on both computers using either Safari or Firefox.
Please advise.
Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2018

@nsimone: I'm sorry but I have no ideas what "TIAA" is. Can you give me a link to the page where you're having trouble so I can test it? Do you maybe have the wrong URL saved in 1Password, so it's trying to log you in at a place they don't want you to? That's really what the error sounds like. Also, you didn't include the extension or OS version you're using, and it would be helpful to know the browser version(s) involved as well. Thanks in advance! :)

• nsimone
    nsimone
    Community Member

Thanks for the quick reply.
    My apologies. On reading my original post I'm disturbed to see how unclear and confusing it is.
    So to start over:
    TIAA is a retirement investment company that manages my 403b retirement account.
    I use Safari ver. 11.0.3 on an iMac and MacBook Air, both running OS 10.13.3 and 1 Password version 6.8.7.

The URL for TIAA that I have been using in 1PW is: https://publictools.tiaa-cref.org
    I have been using this URL successfully in 1PW for several years.
    It brings me directly to the TIAA log-in page showing entry panels for user name and PW and waits for my entry (Most of my other sites automatically fill & open.)
    With TIAA & a few other sites, in order to complete the process my method has always been to right click in the TIAA user name box, select 1PW from the drop down menu where "TIAA" would be highlighted. Then select the highlighted "TIAA" and 1PW would auto enter my credentials and the site would open.

But now, after right clicking in the user name entry panel & selecting 1PW in the drop down box the 1PW search menu that comes up does not highlight the site as it has always done in the past. I must search for it in the "logins" section. Then I can only gain access by copying and pasting the saved 1PW credentials.

Since access is granted with manual entry I don't think it's a TIAA issue. And my other saved logins perform without any problems.

I hope I have provided sufficient information to troubleshoot this.

Thanks again for your assistance.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@nsimone - thanks for the clarification, and no worries about the first post. :)

What I'd recommend you do is visit the TIAA site manually in your browser of choice, then follow these instructions to save a new login item for the page manually. Compare it to the one you already have saved -- login pages don't change often, but it's not unheard of for a company to restructure things occasionally, and sometimes that happens in a way where what 1Password has "memorized" for the site no longer matches with what the site expects to receive from a user -- and in these cases, a manual re-save can often solve things.

Try using the newly-saved item, and let us know how that works for you. :)

• nsimone
    nsimone
    Community Member

Lars & Brenty - Thanks so much! Tried the instructions and it worked perfectly!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@nsimone - Excellent! On behalf of brenty (who's not in just now) and myself, glad we were able to assist you. Have a great rest of the week!

This discussion has been closed.