Dropbox sync not working on new phone

IdahoEv
IdahoEv
Community Member

Sync via dropbox is working just among five of my devices. I just got a new phone (pixel 2) and though dropbox works fine, all attempts to sync 1password fail. When I try to sync, it finds the keychain in dropbox (/Keys/1Password.agilekeychain) correctly, spins for a while, and then reports "Sync error. There may be a temporary problem with your network or the Dropbox server. Please check your connection and try again after some time." I have tried both rebooting the phone and installing/uninstalling 1Password.

Sync fails on:
• Pixel 2 XL, android 8.1.0, 1password for android 6.7.2

Sync works fine on all of:
• Nexus 5x, android 8.1.0, 1password for android 6.7.1
• 2017 MacBook pro, OS X 10.12.6, 1Password 6.8.7
• 2013 MacBook pro, OS X 10.11.6, 1Password 6.8.6
• 4th gen iPad, OS v11.2.5, 1Password for iOS 7.0.5

1Password Version: 6.7.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 6.7.2
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@IdahoEv: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! Dropbox has had some issues related to the switch to their new APIs (which all apps, including 1Password, must now use), where they don't seem to be automatically enumerating existing files and folders properly so they can be accessed in some cases. You might have some luck moving the vault to another location in Dropbox (since that will force it to reindex it), and many users found that moving it back again once Dropbox had finished syncing it allowed it to work in its original location again. Let me know if that helps!

• IdahoEv
    IdahoEv
    Community Member

@brenty thanks for the comment. The issue seems resolved for the moment.

I thought it wasn't working at all, because of the string of error messages, and because the default page for the app is Favorites, which are empty for me. Eventually I clicked on Categories and saw that items were populating. It seems that it was importing a small number of items successfully, then crashing and reporting an error.

After a day and a half of this, it actually had all the items synced. Still no idea why it was crashing after each batch of a few items, but eventually it got to where it needed to be.

• I wonder if it was connecting using cellular data, or if the Wi-Fi connection was spotty at the time, which would explain that. At any rate, I'm glad everything is working for you now, @IdahoEv.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@IdahoEv: Likewise, glad to hear that you were able to sync. I will say though that I've had issues with Dropbox taking a long time to sync my AgileKeychain too. You may want to consider switching to OPVault since it can be sync'd much more efficiently. The only drawback would be incompatibility with older devices/versions, but if your'e only using the ones you listed that won't be an issue for you. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.