How can i stop using my family vault and switch to a synced personal vault?

Options
tomfo
tomfo
Community Member

We have a family account and a dropbox primary vault. I'd like to change my primary vault to my personal vault and sync via iCloud. Please let me know if this is possible.

1Password Version: 6.8.7
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: OS X 10.13.3
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:change from family to personal vault

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tomfo: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! You will only have a "family account" if you've signed up for a 1Password Families membership. That’s the only way you’ll have a Secret Key or Sign In URL, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com. So if you're using 1Password without an account, you'll need to start over, create a new Primary vault (so you can sync it with iCloud, and then double-click the Dropbox vault to add it again.

However, you may want to consider a 1Password Families membership, since it gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data — and makes it easy to share vaults with your loved ones. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits.

Either way, I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• tomfo
    tomfo
    Community Member
    Options

Excellent, thanks for the information!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sure thing! We're here if you need anything else. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.