Can iOS search a specific vault or "All Vaults" instead of every vault I have access to?

bentomas
bentomas
Community Member

When I'm on the home screen of my iPhone and drag down to open up the iOS search, and then search for a 1Password entry, it shows me results from every single vault I have access to. I have access to about 9 different vaults for different work responsibilities and sharing with different family members, and having the search results show up from every single vault basically means when I search for a 1Password entry most of the time the top results are NOT what I'm looking for. It would be sweet if I could specify specific vaults that I want to be indexed for iOS searching, or if that isn't possible, then to have iOS searching only search the vaults selected for the "All Vaults" setting. Ideally they'd be two different settings, but if they have to overlap, I'd take that too, because then at least I could remove some of these vaults that I only VERY RARELY access from my phone.

1Password Version: 7.0.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11.2.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:ios search vault

Comments

• Hi @benomas

then to have iOS searching only search the vaults selected for the "All Vaults" setting.

That is how it works. Are you seeing results from items in vaults that are not part of your All Vaults selection?

Ben

• bentomas
    bentomas
    Community Member

Yes, I am.

• bentomas
    bentomas
    Community Member

I turned off spotlight results, turned off my phone, restarted, and I'm definitely getting results from vaults that aren't in my All Vaults setting.

• Ah, Spotlight. My apologies. I missed that part of your post. Searching within 1Password will only search the vaults you have selected in All Vaults. Spotlight is a whole different animal. I’m not aware of any plans for improvements in this area but I’ll certainly pass the feedback along to our development team.

Thanks!

Ben

• bentomas
    bentomas
    Community Member

Got it, I understand that you guys are busy and have a lot going on. I hope you guys understand though that as it stands, this spotlight feature is basically useless. I can't find anything I'm looking for using it because it always show stuff from the wrong vaults. I've really embraced 1Password Families and it seems like I'm being punished now because I can't benefit from this very useful feature.

• Fair enough. Thanks for the feedback. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.