1password doesn't recognize app for password filling

Options
aramaz
aramaz
Community Member

Hi.

I google and searched 1password forums for this to find the deeply hidden "how to reverse package names for 1password matching".

This is about the usual suspect: bank app, namely scotiabank.

I checked and the package is com.scotiabank.mobile

So i entered the url as
Mobile.scotiabank.com
For a login entry but 1password still can't find it automatically.

What am i doing wrong?

Btw i have android 7

Thanks

Comments

• peri
    Options

Hi @aramaz. We've made improvements to filling over the last several months, so reversing the package name is no longer necessary. Can you make sure you enable the 1Password filling service according to the steps in this guide:
    https://support.1password.com/android-filling/

Once you do, 1Password should ask which Login you want to use for a certain app, so you won't need to worry about changing its URL. Let us know how that goes!

• aramaz
    aramaz
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @peri

Is it possible that you missed the last line in my comment that i have Android 7 ?

I need help with the old approach of reversing.

Thank

• peri
    Options

@aramaz Just to clarify, our filling service works with Android 7. Only Autofill requires Android 8. Please follow the steps in our filling guide and let me know how it goes!

• aramaz
    aramaz
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @peri

Ok so i have three options. Keyboard, accessibility and autofilling.

Only accessibility is turned on.

When I'm in the app, i see the one password popup. I tap on it, which gives me a message about selecting the password but there is none to select, but to search. What's the thing that is missed in my process that doesn't list that app for me to tap on?

Thanks

• peri
    Options

You've got the process right, @aramaz. From there, you'll want to search. Locate your ScotiaBank Login and choose it, and it will ask if you want to fill into the ScotiaBank app with the ScotiaBank Login. Go ahead and choose 'Fill' and it will fill. After you do this, the app should show up in a linked apps field in the Login, and it should show up when you want to sign into that app in the future, without you having to search.

• aramaz
    aramaz
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @peri

I have been selecting the app after the search everytime. Does that sound like a bug? Or is this a beta feature that my version still doesn't have?

I have 6.7.2

• peri
    Options

Ah okay. It sounds like you may be using the older Agile Keychain format for your vault. Can you let me know how you're syncing and whether you're syncing with any other devices? @aramaz

• aramaz
    aramaz
    Community Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

@peri

I'm syncing through ** and i use it on pc and android

• peri
    edited March 2018
    Options

@aramaz Okay let's get you switched to the OPVault format. Agile Keychain doesn't support linking apps, and it's a bit outdated. So it's a good idea to switch to the newer format. Follow these steps on your PC to do so: https://support.1password.com/cs/switch-to-opvault/

You'll need to clear the app data on Android in order to sync with the new 1Password.opvault folder this will create. Once you do, though, you should notice apps being linked after filling.

• aramaz
    aramaz
    Community Member
    Options

@peri

I followed the steps from the link you provided and now everything works!

Thanks!

• peri
    Options

That's great news, @aramaz! Let us know if you ever need anything else!

This discussion has been closed.