iPhone 'Flicker' when Searching

Options
StuLev
StuLev
Community Member

As soon as I hit the search bar, it starts 'resetting' the screen up and then down. As I type in my query, it answers but then flickers between my answers and having no input (e.g., showing all data again). It toggles/flickers back and forth under 1 second so it is hard to grab the record I want to open. when I get lucky and do so, trying to press on the field it doesn't let me hit the Reveal which does show up as a choice. These problems do not occur when editing a record or when scrolling down...just when using the most relevant function..search.

I have deleted the app and reinstalled it, the problem continues.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:iPhone app flicker in search

Comments

• StuLev
    StuLev
    Community Member
    Options

and...(sorry) it seems like my computers are in perpetual synch with notifications that 1Password deleted 3 records or added 15, etc.

• StuLev
    StuLev
    Community Member
    Options

• Ben
    Options

Hi @StuLev

Sorry for the trouble here. This appears to be an issue with your sync file in Dropbox. Here is what I’d recommend:

• Uninstall the 1Password for iOS app
    • Turn off syncing in 1Password for Mac (1Password > Preferences > Sync > Primary > None)
    • Delete the sync file in Dropbox. This will either be a 1Password.agilekeychain or 1Password.opvault file
    • Make sure 1Password is using the opvault format. Choose Help > Tools, and make sure that “Enable OPVault for Dropbox and Folder Sync” is turned on.
    • Re-enable Dropbox sync, and reinstall 1Password for iOS.

Please give that a try and let me know how it turns out. :)

Ben

• StuLev
    StuLev
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your response, Ben. Before I proceed, I of course want to make sure I don't lose my underlying data. I have 3 Macs. (1) Do I need to do this on all 3 of them before deleting the Dropbox file? and, (2) should I make a copy of the 1Password.agilekeychain file from dropbox?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@StuLev - Dropbox sync in 1Password is basically a three-legged affair: there is the data within the SQLite database within 1Password itself on each device you've set 1Password up on. Unless this data is part of the problem (i.e. - corrupt or missing items), that's the data you should be concerned with. From there, 1Password will write out an Agile Keychain file to your local Dropbox folder, and sync the internal database with this keychain. That's the second "leg." And from the Agile Keychain in Dropbox, we rely on Dropbox's sync magic to sync this file with its copy on the Dropbox servers (which in turn can be synced out to other instances of the same data). That's the final "leg" of how we use Dropbox to sync your data.

If you'd like to preserve the current state of things within 1Password itself prior to performing any of Ben's steps, then you may want to make backups of existing SQLite data on various devices. On 1Password for Mac, you can do this easily by going to File > Backup and creating a new backup. You can restore to this current state of your data if you need to, later. On iOS, it's only slightly more complicated: go to Settings > Advanced > Create backup. This will accomplish the same thing. Once you've gotten that taken care of, you'll have a complete copy of the current state of your data on all devices.

• StuLev
    StuLev
    Community Member
    Options

Hi guys...I am stuck. I have followed Ben's instructions in order. “Enable OPVault for Dropbox and Folder Sync” WAS turned on- so nothing changed there.

Next turning back on Synch for dropbox it wants to know the location of the file...which doesn't exist as I deleted it (actually copied it to another location where it sits just in case). I expected a new file to be created. I'm guessing that 1Password has its own local file on this computer that if I access I can simply copy to dropbox? Is that right? I can't find it though. Spotlight only shows me 1Password.agilekeychain which is the (theoretically) corrupted one that had been on dropbox which you had me 'delete'.

Please advise how to proceed.

• StuLev
    StuLev
    Community Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

OK..all good. I feel silly...

For anyone reading this thread...One needs to point and select the FOLDER for dropbox...I was looking for a new file.

Thanks guys!

• Ben
    Options

No worries @StuLev, sorry that wasn’t more clear. Glad to hear you were able to get this sorted and are back up and running. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.