Multiple vaults can't be synced with iCloud? [Correct, iCloud only syncs Primary]

13»

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@multiVaultSync: You're absolutely right: All we do is 1Password, and we depend on people paying us for our work so we can continue to make a living doing what we love. I suspect that you'd be equally happy to be able to support yourself doing work you enjoy as well.

But the rest of what you said just doesn't make any sense. iCloud sync has always worked with a single vault, long before 1Password.com even existed. Dropbox has always been the multiple vault option since it's the only way to share local vaults.

Also, I don't think Canada has a particularly high cost of living, and many of us aren't even based there these days. I've also never heard the terms "massive" or "over-staffed" applied to "dozens of employees" (or AgileBits in particular) before, especially with so many folks writing to us as you're doing now. Frankly, we could use more people! I don't know who you expect to reply to 1Password users here on the forums or via email otherwise (never mind develop and test the software, build and maintain the server infrastructure, write documentation, etc.) I guess we could outsource to keep costs down, but often this comes at the expense of quality. And frankly we're the ones most qualified to do this work anyway, since it's what we live and breathe. So yeah, we absolutely depend on the support of our awesome customers in order to keep going. I think that's true of any business except those who are beholden to outside investors, advertising, or who sell customer data; and we don't do any of those things. It's really as simple as that.

• devnall
    devnall
    Community Member

Bumping this thread in hopes that it'll convince you to move multiple vault syncing via iCloud up in your development roadmap.

Work computer, Dropbox is not approved software and I can't install the client.

Use multiple vaults (most notably, a Personal/Primary vault and a Work vault).

I guess mine is kind of an edge case but I don't think it's too crazy and, based on this thread that's been ongoing for a year, I'm not the only one who would find it very helpful to sync multiple vaults via iCloud.

• Sorry, @devnall. This is one instance where we need to accept our constraints. It sucks having to say "no," but it is better than saying something like "we'll consider it" when we know it isn't going to happen. I'd rather be up front than lead you on.

If you need to access multiple vaults and cannot use Dropbox then I'd recommend our 1Password.com membership service (no 3rd party sync solution required).

Ben

• devnall
    devnall
    Community Member

@Ben thanks for the quick response. Not what I'd hoped to hear but it is what it is, I suppose. I'll take another look at the 1Password.com service but I'm not real stoked about another $3/month bill for a single-use cloud service.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I guess it depends on your workflow, but I'm not sure it qualifies as "single use" for me. I use it for notes, secure storage, keeping track of bills, and a whole lot of other stuff I shamefully take for granted now. Definitely check it out, as you'll have a full month to try it for free to see if it's worth it for you. :)

• moat_monster
    moat_monster
    Community Member

With High Sierra iCloud sharing support, would it now possible to get multiple vaults synced with iCloud working? I'd really like to remove my dependency on Dropbox / FUSE.

• Hi there @moat_monster, thanks for following up! At this time we have no plans to add support for syncing multiple vaults over iCloud. If you need multiple vault syncing but you'd rather not use Dropbox then I highly recommend a 1Password.com account.

• Omid
    Omid
    Community Member

Bumping this up again!

Hi guys,

I have been using 1Password happily for years now. It is wonderful and I like it a lot. I always suggest it to everyone who is looking for a password manager. The only feature I'm missing, is: syncing multiple vaults through iCloud. Currently it is possible to sync only the primary vault with iCloud which I find a big limitation of 1Password.

I have requested it before (starting a couple of years ago), like many others have been requesting it: please make it possible to sync multiple vaults through iCloud. (Alternatively, please make it possible on iOS to sync with a folder in iCloud. This alternative is possible on MacOS but not in iOS.)

To save my and your time: please do not comment on the possibilities of WiFi sync, Dropbox sync and why one may need iCloud sync for multiple vaults, etc. The only thing I'm interested in now is: when would it be possible, after all these years (and all these users) requesting it.

Thank you!

• Hi @Omid,

Just being realistic about where our focus is and will be for the forseeable future it seems very unlikely that we’ll ever add the ability to sync multiple vaults via iCloud to 1Password. We don’t have any plans for improvements for 3rd party sync options.

Ben

• HenryY
    HenryY
    Community Member
    edited August 2019

I'm also asking for multiple vault support for iCloud w/ no intention of sharing them. @Ben @brenty

• HenryY
    HenryY
    Community Member

This is especially more important now that Free Dropbox has limited users to 3 devices. For those of us with work, home, phone, & tablet... this makes syncing multiple vaults (home, work) with Dropbox a non-starter.

• HenryY
    HenryY
    Community Member

I'm also requesting that 1Password support multiple vaults w/ iCloud. Sharing vaults is also not important to me, but a separation between Personal & Business passwords is.

• HenryY
    HenryY
    Community Member

I'm also asking for multiple vault support for iCloud w/ no intention of sharing them. @Ben @brenty

• HenryY
    HenryY
    Community Member

I'm also asking for multiple vault support for iCloud w/ no intention of sharing them.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@HenryY: Thanks for getting in touch! As Ben said over a year ago, our focus is on 1Password memberships. We don't have control over 3rd party services, either when things go wrong, or as far as how they work in the first place. They're great for their intended use, but with 1Password memberships we're able to make something tailored specifically to 1Password -- and both address issues that impact our customers, and add features and improvements over time. So that's the way forward. I appreciate you sharing that your use case doesn't involve sharing, as that's not something we hear a lot. And that's something that was added after the fact for "standalone", but built into to 1Password memberships from the beginning: seamless support for multiple vaults. So you can keep your personal and business stuff separate, and not have to configure sync for each vault across all your devices -- you simply sign into your account to access all of your data. If you or anyone else would like help making the transition to a 1Password membership, just shoot us an email at support@1password.com so we can assist you with that. Cheers! :)

• HenryY
    HenryY
    Community Member
    edited August 2019

@brenty I understand that the focus is on 1Password.com and not iCloud/Dropbox/etc. Since I already purchased licenses for 1Password 7 for iOS and OSX, I was thinking of waiting until 1Password 8 to make the transition to membership, unless I can apply my purchase price to the membership or something. I was just searching the forum, and saw that other people were making having the same issue as me (multiple vaults, no need to share, and want to use iCloud), so I thought I'd chime in and make the same request.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@HenryY: I understand completely! If you've purchased 1Password previously, be sure to include the receipt(s) in the email so we can take that into account as well. :)

• HenryY
    HenryY
    Community Member

@brenty Okay, I signed up for 1Password.com and emailed my receipts for the licensed version to support@1password.com. Now that I'm subscribed, I noticed that there's no version of 1Password on the Amazon Appstore for Fire tablets. Can I make a request for this?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@HenryY: We don't have any plans for Amazon devices currently, but some users have reported that they were able to install 1Password for Android from the Google Play store there, though it may depend on the model/version. I'll follow up with you via email about the license. :)

• HenryY
    HenryY
    Community Member

Thanks, I got it to install by sideloading Google Play, but an official release would be nice.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for your feedback about this @HenryY :)

This discussion has been closed.