iOS app vault not working offline mode

Options
josephferrero
josephferrero
Community Member

Hello Everyone,

So I have an issue with the iOS application. The use case here is on an airplane, with no internet access, opening the vault to view a airline account.

For some reason when I opened the app on the airplane, when I entered my masterpassword, and then tried to view the vault --> Categories --> All Items. The application will blip back to the categories screen. Is this a bug? This is a huge problem because the executive using the application had this happen after we tried to move from lastpass for similar issues, really need an answer to this.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @josephferrero,

Are you able to reproduce this issue? I just tried on my devices and have not been able to. If you are able to reproduce the issue could you please let me know:

• What version of iOS you’re running
    • What device(s) this occurs on
    • How you’re syncing your data
    • What version of 1Password this occurs with

Thanks.

Ben

• josephferrero
    josephferrero
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Ben,

Thanks for your response. One question; what do you mean by "How you're syncing the data"? Is there a way to sync the data that would effect the function of caching on the device?

Best,
    Joseph Ferrero

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@josephferrero - Not necessarily; you just didn't give us a lot to go on in your initial post: no information about what device you're using, what version of iOS or of 1Password, nor how you're syncing your data. None of this may be relevant, but it's the place to start when doing troubleshooting, especially if we're not able to reproduce an issue ourselves using our own hardware/versions.

• josephferrero
    josephferrero
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Lars,

I understand that you need more information, that is why I was clarifying what was meant by "how you are syncing your data". I am gathering all of the information you requested, and wanted to be sure I had that as well.

I also cannot reproduce the issue, hoping this was just a one off thing.

Best,
    Joseph Ferrero

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@josephferrero - OK, understood. Let us know if the issue recurs or you have any other questions. :)

• josephferrero
    josephferrero
    Community Member
    Options

Hello all,

The 1Password version is 7.0.5, and the iOS version is 11.2.2. The user is still experiencing the issue where when she opens up the vault, it jumps her back to the categories page.

Thanks,
    Joseph Ferrero

• Ben
    Options

@Josephferrero,

I still have not been able to reproduce this on any of my devices. Could you please let us know:

• What device this is happening on (e.x. iPhone 7 Plus)
    • How the 1Password data is being synced to this device, if applicable (1Password.com, Dropbox, iCloud)
    • What is the workflow that causes this? I.e. what tab is selected when 1Password is launched, and then what are the steps that are taken from there before the issue is seen?

That way we can try to reproduce this in as similar of a situation as possible.

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.