Windows 10 & 1Password Master login (copy paste)

Options

The first few times I could copy paste my code when I need to login at startup in Windows 10. But now I can't, so need to write it everytime and it's time consuming because it's a difficult one (off course!) and I can't even see it, so sometimes I have to try 2-3 times. Why is COPY PASTE not working anymore in the login window in Windows 10 version? THANKS!

1Password Version: 6.8.496
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello, @Rechain and welcome to the forum! I'm having no trouble copying text from Notepad and pasting into the Master Password field in 1Password for Windows, and to my knowledge we've made no changes that should prevent this. Could you let me know the process you used to go through in order to unlock 1Password this way and what's not working now? For example, is your Master Password not being recognized or are you unable to paste into the Master Password field? I'd be happy to double check I'm going through the same process here to make sure it should work and we can dig deeper as needed from there. Thanks! :chuffed:

• Rechain
    Rechain
    Community Member
    Options

Same as I did in the start, but then it stopped working. I can copy and paste my code in everything else BUT the Master Password field. It stays empty. Even tried RIGHT CLICK and paste with the menu that pop-ups, but same issue. I don't know if the latest Windows 10 updates has ruined it. Microsoft ruins a lot sometimes. Thanks for the reply :) it should be working I guess, like it did in the start for me..because it's really annoying to re-write that damn code everytime I turn on my PC :chuffed: I haven't tried reinstall of 1Password on Windows 10, but if everything else not working..

• @Rechain: So far as I'm able to tell, it should be working and since Windows isn't whining at me to update presumably I'm on the latest Microsoft has to offer (unless you're on an insider build of Windows, of course) though I know they do stagger updates at times. Generally, we wouldn't recommend copying and pasting your Master Password anyway unless you immediate copy something else after to clear it from your clipboard. You don't want your Master Password hanging out on your clipboard for another program, or worse a bad guy, to find. With that in mind, I'd be happy to take a closer look. Do you use any sort of clipboard manager, by chance?

• Rechain
    Rechain
    Community Member
    Options

I always clear the clipboard, but for now I'm not using a manager for that YET. Only on my MacBook Pro I do. Not sure which one to use on Win10 yet. But I don't have so much time to test more for now, has to wait for tomorrow. I'm not using Insider Builds of Windows. The last time Microsoft broke something in my setup was Display Port cable related. If I want to play through HDMI on my TV now, I have to plug OUT the 2 DP cables of the graphics card (DO'H!) - before I just had to turn on the TV. Well, regarding the 1Password issue with copy paste, I have no idea why it's not working anymore. I will try to re install it tomorrow when I get the time :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Yeah, I lost my dang display dongle, so I can't blame that on anyone but myself. :lol:

Definitely let us know what you find! :)

• Rechain
    Rechain
    Community Member
    Options

First try: Removed 1Password Desktop app 6.8.496 (only that, not Chrome Extension) & reinstalled without PC reboot.
    Results = Copy Paste code didn't work (neither did right click and paste from menu)

Second try: Removed 1Password Desktop app 6.8.496 (only that, not Chrome Extension) & reinstalled after PC reboot.
    Results = Copy Paste code now working (for now, like when I installed 1Password in february)

Have to wait for days or weeks to see if copy paste code stops working again, or what. Hmm.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2018
    Options

Yeah that's an odd one, but I'm happy to hear it's working for you normally now. Hopefully you won't run into any further issues, but we're here if you do. :)

This discussion has been closed.